Job Description Summary
About the role:
BD is a global medical technology company that is advancing the
world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the
delivery of care. One of BD's most profitable business groups
Vascular Access Devices (VAD) with an annual revenue of $1.5B is
looking for an energetic Sr. Program Manager who can help manage a
number of critical programs to sustain a large portfolio of
The successful candidate will be part of VAD PMO organization,
reporting into the VAD PMO Director. The position is located in
BD's Salt Lake City (Utah) site. The Sr. Program Manager will have
to manage the multi-functional activities of the programs, lead the
cross functional teams (R&D, Supply Chain, Marketing, Quality,
MA, Regulatory, etc.), and own and execute the program plans.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Effectively manage and coordinate all Sustaining Engineering
projects within the PIVC portfolio and manage and communicate
project metrics to the VAD and MDS Leadership Teams.
- Communicating project risks and mitigations to the Leadership
- Collaborates with cross functional team to ensure timely
delivery, review and approvals via multiple regional registrations
as well as other conflicting/dependent programs.
- Responsible for the execution, quality, and results of the
projects and the success of the resulting products for the business
or in the market.
- Interacts with functional managers and business leaders to
communicate regarding critical project risks, questions or
- Challenges core team members, functional leaders and business
leaders regarding functional and cross functional strategies and
approaches in order to improve program development outcomes.
- Analyzes development situations and data with in-depth
evaluation of multiple factors.
- Influences solutions to business or technical problems.
- Communicates and implements the strategic and technical
direction for the project/program teams.
- Integrating and deploying the BD Global Product Development
System (GPDS) within Sustaining Engineering for the PIVC
Applies extensive technical expertise & has full knowledge of
related disciplines. Develops technical and business process
solutions to complex problems which requires out of the box
thinking and creativity. In partnership with the platform and core
team members, leads the development and commercialization, go to
market and launch strategy for the project(s).
Responsible for the creation of the project work breakdown
structures, risk management, integrated business plans and product
requirements. Leads the cross functional development of product
architecture for each functional area, synthesizes functional plans
and identifies critical interdependencies to drive successful
execution of the project.
Technical and business skills and judgment to significantly
influence the direction of the project. Able to create and
influence novel thinking of the team.
Ability to communicate complex technical and business issues
completely, concisely, and effectively to enable high-quality
decision making and drive cross-functional alignment.
Has a detailed understanding of all functional work streams in a
phase gate process and a vision of an integrated project plan.
Finds and creates new avenues of excellence. Self-starting and
will take action without prompting or direction from others to
Constantly looks for improvements in work processes and results
by anticipating and dealing with problems and encouraging others to
suggest innovations and improvements
Represents the organization as the prime contact on contracts
and projects. Interacts with senior external personnel on
significant technical matters often requiring coordination between
Education and experience required:
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science &
Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or a closely related
engineering degree is required. An advanced degree in an
engineering discipline or MBA is preferred.
- At least 10 years proven experience in product development and
design is needed.
- 3+ years of experience leading cross-functional, global teams
through complex projects or programs. Program management experience
- Complete understanding of a wide application of project
management principles, theories & concepts.
- Experience in new product development planning multiple
work-streams, identifying risk and implementing action plans to
optimize timelines and reduce execution risk.
- Experience establishing customer requirements from defined
needs specifications and translating to product requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and
- PMP certification or equivalent.
- Knowledge of global regulatory (FDA, Anvisa, NMPA, MDR) and
quality requirements (ISO, GB, JISC etc.)
- A six-sigma design and development background.
- Has successfully launched medical device products from concept
- Experience developing Class II and III medical devices.
- Experience utilizing combination of analytical, statistical,
computational, and empirical methods to gain deep understanding of
design and minimize overall development timelines.
Click on Apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your
opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your
authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their
life's purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and
colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an
inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total
Rewards program - which includes competitive pay, benefits,
continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance
components - is designed to support the varying needs of our
diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex,
creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or
domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics,
disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other
Primary Work Location
USA UT - Salt Lake City BAS
NA (United States of America)