Product Engineer I
Company: American Outdoor Brands
Posted on: June 12, 2021
- All aspects of engineering design and development for products
for the company, including:
- Product testing
- Improvements and problem resolution
- Technical guidance in design and development areas
- Documentation standards and records (computer and product
- Product verification and validation
Root cause analysis
- Adhere to and improve the company's New Product Induction
- Act as Project Champion for NPI projects including cost,
quality, schedule, compliance, etc. while maximizing the quality
and output of the NPI process.
- Responsible for improving engineering costs, quality or design
of existing products.
- Collaborate with purchasing, marketing, and supply base in
relation to NPI.
- Build and maintain professional, constructive working
relationships with other departments and with suppliers.
- Resolve quality and customer support issues by lending
expertise to respective departments.
- Work safely as well as identify and report any safety hazards
- Maintain good housekeeping in personal area and all common
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Any combination of education and experience providing the
required skill and knowledge is qualifying. Typical qualifications
would be equivalent to:
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Experience: 1-3 relevant years' of experience, 2-5 years
- Pro Engineer/CAD skills
- Microsoft Office
- Manage and prioritize time and resources.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Project management.
- Type accurately.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Attentive to detail.
- Good organizational skills
- General office equipment.
- Judgment and problem solving skills based on advanced or
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Travel of approximately 5% of the time, some international
travel is required.
- Some work is required in "off-hours" due to global nature of
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time in front of a
- Ability to move about facility on regular basis to perform
physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting heavy
equipment (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing
- Visual and hearing acuity.
Safety Hazards: General office environment, with some exposure
to plant environment, with fork lift and other general hazards.
Note: This job description should not be construed to imply that
these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position.
Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any
other related duties, as may be required. Reasonable accommodation
will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. The
employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
The job description is not to be construed as a contract for
Drug Free Work Environment
Keywords: American Outdoor Brands, Columbia , Product Engineer I, Other , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!