Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A
Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara
Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is
yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest
baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA
(BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales
centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our
consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at
every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the
chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers
the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and
personal lives every day.
Come join the largest baking company in the world and our family
of 20,000 associates nationwide!
Mechanic Technician is responsible for ensuring equipment
integrity and timely repair.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Support the Preventative Maintenance (PM) program with a goal
of continually reducing unscheduled downtime.
• Analyze problems and interpret technical information necessary
to make required repairs (troubleshooting of equipment issues).
• Perform mechanical and electrical maintenance and repairs on
production machinery and facility support equipment.
• Inspect, operate and test machinery or equipment to diagnose
machine malfunction and validate work performed.
• Ensure safety by following all company policies including
safety rules, procedures and Lock-out / Tag-out procedures, Good
Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), personal safety standards, food
safety standards as well as OSHA standards.
• Troubleshoot equipment as well as plant electrical/mechanical
systems and develop sustainable solutions accordingly.
• Complete all assigned work orders within the time allotted.
Maintain complete records of work performed using software, work
orders, detailed logs and have good communication skills across all
• Assist with equipment change overs and line startups,
troubleshooting issues as needed.
• Identify required parts, maintain current inventories and
parts reorder lists.
• Assure that all products are manufactured to the highest
standard of quality.
• Participates in Continuous Improvement, also provides
suggestions to improve processes and participates on team
• Continue to grow maintenance and leadership skillsets through
Key Behavioral Competencies:
• Must possess basic computer skills to process work orders and
associated maintenance documentation.
• Able to understand basic principles of robotics (Identify
• Able to develop equipment competencies in at least three
functional areas of the bakery within 500 days of hire.
• Able to read and interpret electrical prints, schematics,
• Able to train and teach Electrical (AC) skills (Up to 480VAC
circuits) (Single and 3 phase), and Mechanical skills.
• Able to troubleshoot, maintain and repair Steam/Humidification
circuits, PLC components, operation of chillers, servomotors,
electromechanical systems, pumps, electrical motors, combustion
systems, pumps, bearings, seals, gaskets, compressed air systems,
basic plumbing/piping, boilers, gearboxes, sprockets/chains, belts,
crutches, brakes, power transmission, replace and program VFDs.
• Able to use all power tools, hand tools, drill presses, shop
• Able to read and interpret documents in English such as safety
rules, operating and maintenance manuals, procedure manuals and
instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule
• Able to work from drawings, schematics, sketches and through
• Able to work independently as well as in a team environment on
assigned projects/ tasks and report to supervision the status of
each as needed.
• Must be able to work shift schedules plus overtime as dictated
by the needs of the business, including weekends and holidays.
• Able to demonstrate practical problem-solving skills.
• Able to collaborate with team members.
• Able to develop Maintenance skills through assigned
• Able to learn and apply the principles of the BBU Maintenance
and Manufacturing Standards, including lean tools, concept of
continuous improvement, Reliability, process capability and
• Able to identify and record department KPI data.