Brand Manager - Bubba Brand
Company: American Outdoor Brands
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Position Overview: American Outdoor Brands is proud to create
some of the industry's most popular products for enthusiasts across
many outdoor recreational activities. As an established leader in
the outdoor space, we strive to hire the most passionate employees
that understand the needs of our consumer base. Under the direct
supervision of the Director of Brand Management, the Brand Manager
will be responsible for brand positioning, personality, permission
to play, category research and marketing planning. As the key
stakeholder of brand positioning, the brand manager will leverage
their experience within their specified categories to identify
opportunities to strengthen our brand strategy, provide direction
to capture incremental growth and innovate on our product
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or related field
- MBA or other advanced degree a plus
- 5+ Years of Brand Management, Product Management, or Marketing
- Passion for the outdoor industry is preferred
Competencies and Skills:
- Experience with MS Office, Word, Excel, Access and
- Ability to organize large amounts of data in a logical
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including
presentation skills and the ability to communicate and influence at
all levels within the organization.
- Self-directed with the ability to work in a fast-paced
environment with multiple accountabilities and multiple internal
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to
- Ability to work a flexible schedule during key business
- Must be team oriented with the ability to work on high
collaboration and performance teams
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management responsibility of Marketing Coordinators.
- Execute strategic growth and profitability plans across
- Establish and maintain brand positioning, personality,
permission to play, marketing plan and overall strategy for each
brand they are responsible for in the portfolio.
- Work cross functionally with creative, digital marketing,
ecommerce, product development and sales to execute strategic brand
objectives, and our goals to provide industry leading products to
our customers and consumers.
- Develop an intimate understanding of the target audiences,
product offerings, competitive set, and market trends for every
- Analyzes brand marketing spend to ensure that marketing
effectiveness is improved and tracked. Compile, analyze, and
recommend changes to the enterprise that provides maximized
impressions and engagement for every dollar spent.
- Identify, research, and suggest creative and profitable
promotions for all trade channels, business categories and customer
segments to maintain our footprint and take market share from our
- Possesses a solid understanding of the market, competition and
customer requirements to define product portfolio strategies,
identifying opportunities to innovate, enhance current products,
expand share and grow revenue.
- Conduct regular assessments of current assortment to update
product offerings and keep portfolio relevant with the most
impactful product mix.
- Manages P&L and work with inventory and demand planning to
ensure that each brand is improving on all key business metrics -
monthly, quarterly and annually for designated brand(s).
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of all product information
- Assist sales department with product information and misc.
supporting materials to allow for successful sell in and increased
points of distribution every year.
- Manage copywriting, product feature and benefit callouts,
advertising messaging, taglines and marketing campaigns for all
brands and products.
- Assist product development with product/prototype testing,
feature and function identification/documentation to align with
- Manage and execute all consumer facing and customer facing
trade shows, events, sponsorships, or other grassroots
- Manage all contracts, partnerships, influencers and other
representatives for each brand.
- Other duties as assigned.
NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the
position and is not intended to be comprehensive. The duties and
responsibilities listed above may be changed or supplemented at any
time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
- Works in an office environment.
- Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended
periods of time.
- Able to lift and move up to 25 pounds occasionally.
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Work Environment and Personal Protective Equipment:
- General office environment, with some exposure to plant
environment, with fork lift and other general hazards.
- Exposure to the outdoors, unstable ground, and some
Within any of our facilities, employees may be exposed to
manufacturing noise, airborne liquid chemicals, fine particulate
dust, ambient temperatures, and industrial lighting. Work
environment is similar to most manufacturing and distribution
operations. May be exposed to excessive noise, temperatures,
hazards associated with working around moving machinery, work in
confined quarters, exposure to vibrations and shop lighting,
continuous exposure to hot temperatures, may be humid, odors, dust,
continuous exposure to mechanical hazards, and occasional exposure
to chemical hazards.
The following Personal Protective Equipment is required:
- Safety glasses with side shields and hearing protection
required when on manufacturing floor
The use of additional personal protective equipment (PPE) may be
required when a job task(s) is being completed in or around your
assigned department or in another department, this includes safety
eyewear, hearing protection, and safety footwear.
American Outdoor Brands (and its affiliates) is an equal
opportunity employer and considers for employment and hires
qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex,
sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity, age, national
origin, ancestry, veteran status, military service, application for
military service, physical or mental disability, genetic
information or any other status protected by applicable state or
local law. Candidates must possess proper authorization to work in
the United States and, where applicable, to possess technical data
as defined in the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR)
22 CFR 120.10.
Keywords: American Outdoor Brands, Columbia , Brand Manager - Bubba Brand, Other , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!