Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
The Clinical Practice Specialist advances nursing practice to
achieve optimal outcomes by assuring nurses and nursing personnel
utilize evidence-based practices to meet the multifaceted needs of
patients and/or populations. The Clinical Practice Specialist
participates in systematic quality improvement and safety
initiatives based on precise problem/etiology identification, gap
analysis, and process evaluation
Collaboration/Consultation - 15%
- Collaborates with patients/clients, nursing staff, physicians
and other health care professionals in development of practice
- Provides expert specialty consultation related to complex
patient care needs and health system needs.
- Mentors nurses and nursing staff in using evidence-based
- Serve on committees as the subject matter expert lead.
Quality/Research - 15%
- Reviews literature and research for best practice.
- Assesses the nursing practice environment and processes for
- Audits the evidence related to new products to advance nursing
practice, improve patient outcomes in a cost effective manner.
- Develops, revises and reviews policies, procedures, and plans
of care to ensure alignment with current in evidence based
- Participates in interdisciplinary root cause analyses and
action plan development/implementation.
Performance Management - 15%
-Facilitates individual, team and organizational performance
management which include competency development and evaluation
-Change management processes
-Performance consultation and mentoring of staff
Clinical/Patient Care Advocate - 25%
- Leads the design and implementation of evidence based,
cost-effective interventions including advanced nursing therapies
to meet the needs of the complex patient.
- Advise staff in safe practice, critical thinking, problem
solving, care planning, assessing, implementing, evaluating
outcomes and opportunities for improvement – in keeping with
regulatory requirements, scope of practice, Nurse Sensitive
Indicators, and cost effectiveness.
Promote standardization and consistency in the electronic
medical record documentation.
- Seeks opportunities for funding sources/grants/poster
presentations/presentations at national/regional or local
Clinical Practice - 30%
- Guides nursing interprofessional teams in the formulation of
patient care management plans for clinically complex patients or
- Analyzes data related to patient outcomes & recommends
Education - ?Master's of Science in Nursing
Experience - 3 years nursing experience in specialty area
South Carolina Licensed RN - REGISTERED NURSE
Other Required Skills/Experience
Knowledge of office equipment
Proficient computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, and
Data entry and mathematical skills
Knowledge of patient care equipment
Day (United States of America)
1500 Midlands Corporate
15006662 Nursing Workforce Engagement
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform
healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The
transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every
role here at Prisma Health.