Posted on: October 16, 2020
Back to search results
Role of Position
This role is to provide support to manufacturing operations team in
operating of packaging systems components, performing all quality
checks, maintaining conformance reports and systems logs,
troubleshooting all aspects of each system, maintaining area in a
clean, orderly manner.
- Help train other area associates as needed in all aspects of
operations such as line operation, palletizers, MIS systems, SQC,
PC's, and repair of equipment.
- Troubleshoot packaging system to optimize performance and take
corrective action to ensure product quality while minimizing
- Cover production assignments as needed with a focus on the
packaging area but not limited to other assignments in the site as
- Keep production records as required.
- Remove bags from conveyor and stack bags on the pallet.
- Maintain sanitary environment by perform housekeeping
assignments in order to keep area clean as well as assist
sanitation team with cleaning areas as assigned.
- Observe and follow all safety practices and GMP standards.
- Know and understand site's CCP's and OPRP's and report any
findings of deficiencies to site quality manager.
- Associate is responsible for communicating and elevating any
quality and food safety concerns to site management.
- This role supports operations in performing preventative
maintenance and mechanically troubleshoots system equipment.
- Provide our customers with the proper product, at the proper
destination, in a timely and cost effective manner.
Key Functional Skills and Knowledge
- Communicate appropriate information to coworkers and
- Proper set up for various products; able to read and understand
- Knowledge of plant operations processes.
- Understand job standards in regards to productivity, quality
- Fast paced, manufacturing environment.
- Standing on a concrete floor.
- Wearing proper personal protective equipment (bump cap, gloves,
ear plugs, safety shoes, and uniform).
- Bending, stooping, twist, turn, standing for extended time
periods, reaching, climbing stairs, and lifting up to 52 lbs.
- Must be able to adapt to temperature and environmental extremes
such as hot to cold, dust dirt and chemicals.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledge of personal computers.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to operate forklift in a safe manner.
- Ability to work 8/12 hour rotating shifts, work on any team
that needs coverage in the site as well as overtime under face
paced conditions such as heat, cold, high and/ or confined spaces
and possesses mobility with the ability to climb ladders and
- Hearing and speaking ability both in person and on the
- Ability to recognize colors.
- Depth Perception.
- Interpersonal skills to work in a team environment through
effective teamwork, self-management with a positive attitude and
- Assist Warehouse/Shipping functions as needed and
- Participate in site safety program and actively look for ways
to improve site and area safety.
- Other Duties as assigned
Desired Education/Minimum Qualifications
- High school diploma/GED and 2 years' experience in a
manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of education
- No active written warnings, must be meeting expectations for
performance and attendance.
- Current forklift certification or the ability to
Keywords: Mars, Columbia , Flexible Operator, Other , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!