Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
The incumbent of this position performs MR scanning as directed
by the Radiologist. Communicates with the physician and other
work-related personnel appropriately
CLINICAL - 40%
1) Identifies patients and procedures. Makes sure has all
information in patient folder. Fill out MR questionnaire and female
questionnaire on all patients between the ages of 11-50 yrs.
2) Positions patients accurately for all MR procedures. Patients
are transferred and positioned correctly for anatomy to be
demonstrated for best visibility. Proper surface coils are
3) Know scanning protocols in depth. Must be able to perform
procedures correctly using protocol book for reference. Mark
studies ready to read in PACS this must be done in a timely manner
for interpretation as soon as possible after completion of
4) Makes sure all information is in PenRad for Breast patients
and Images are sent to DynaCAD for the Radiologists.
5) Obtains appropriate supplies and prepares room for
6) Injects contrast material using proper technique. Contrast
material is injected properly based on type of contrast needed for
the particular body part and size of the patient. Proper sterile
technique is used. Is fluent in using the power injector.
7) Sends Prostate Imaging to DynaCAD for our Radiologists,
verifies images are in PACS.
8) Keeps room cleaned and stocked at all times
9) Responds to codes and other emergency situations
CUSTOMER SERVICE - 30%
1) Communicates with patient concerning MR questionnaire and
other pertinent clinical history. Explains MR procedure to patient
and/or family member. Obtains completed questionnaire and proper
history and clinical from patient physician's office. Ensure
patients and /or visitors are free of objects or implanted devices
that might be contradicted to MRI.
2) Informs patients and families of all delays.
3) Trains co-workers and students.30%3
ADMINISTRATIVE - 30%
1) Acquires requisition and checks for appropriate clinical.
2) Charges procedure, supplies and surgical codes when exam is
3) Operates the PAC’s system appropriately and verify studies
before sending to archive.
4) Reports equipment problems to Manager and documents
5) Teaching files are maintained and new procedures are added as
needed and/or requested by radiologist.
6) Communicates with radiologist to determine appropriate
protocols for each exam. Correct protocols are utilized as
prescribed by the radiologist. Procedures must be performed as
directed by the radiologist. Correct scans as performed.
Demonstrates recognition of anatomy and pathology as related to
scan being processed.30%
This is a non-management job that will report to a supervisor,
manager, director or executive.
Associate's Degree - Completion of accredited radiology program
1 year - minimum of one year in Diagnostic Radiology.
Enrollment in MR preferred.
MRI TECHNOLOGIST CERTIFIED
ARRT - RADIOLOGICAL TECHNOLOGIST
RSQA - RAD QUALITY STANDARD
In Lieu Of The Minimum Requirements Listed Above
Other Required Sills and Experience
Patient Equip (suction, vitals, defib) Experience
1510 Richland Hospital
15207123 Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform
healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The
transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every
role here at Prisma Health.