Company: US&S, Inc.
Posted on: October 15, 2020
About the Organization A facility maintenance and support service
provider specializing in:
* Operations & Maintenance
* Grounds Maintenance
* Professional & Technical Staff Support Services
Our award-winning company offers an unparalleled level of service
for clients and operates at offices and project sites predominantly
throughout the southeast United States, serving federal,
commercial, industrial and institutional markets. Our substantial
base of long-term, repeat clients demonstrates the importance we
place on building and sustaining relationships through the culture
of our people and performance excellence. We have earned a
reputation that we are proud to maintain for many years to
Category Janitorial Open Date 8/18/2020 Close Date
Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time and/or Part-Time Location Columbia,
SC Shift Evenings
Description ABOUT US:
This premier company is looking for the janitors to provide our
clients with outstanding services that exceed their
We have a lot to be proud of! US&S, Inc. is a Service-Disabled
Veteran-Owned & Minority-Owned Small Business that was named the
Greenville Chamber of Commerce "2014 Small Business of the Year",
named by GSA Magazine as "one of the leading minority businesses in
the Upstate (SC)". In 2012, the President of US&S, Inc. was
selected by the US. Small Business Administration of South Carolina
as the "2012 National Minority Small Business Person of the
We need dependable candidates who will provide our customers with
thorough and quality services! The Janitor`s role is to ensure that
the client`s facilities are sanitary, organized and safe. They
provide consistent quality services to our clients by regularly
performing tasks such as dust mopping and damp mopping the floors,
as well as cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms and furniture.
COMPENSATION: $9 per hour
SHIFT: Variable -- multiple openings 8AM - 4:30PM Monday - Friday
12:30PM - 6:30PM Monday - Friday 6:30PM - 10:30PM Monday - Friday
11AM - 4PM Saturday & Sunday 4PM - 9:30M Saturday & Sunday 9PM -
1AM Saturday & Sunday
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1.The Janitor ensures the environment is clean and sanitized.
- Cleans and sanitizes all assigned work areas, including
bathroom b sinks, toilets, tubs and commodes.
- Sweeps, vacuums, and mops floors and stairways.
- Polishes furniture, metal work, and chrome using appropriate
cleaning and polishing compounds.
- Dusts such items as blinds, furniture, file cabinets, and
windowsills using treated dust mittens, cloths, or hand cleaning
- Gathers and disposes of rubbish by hand or with the use
- Prioritizes work assignments in order to complete tasks in a
- Changes assignments and reprioritizes based on unforeseen
events (ie. Spills, etc.).
- Informs the supervisor when tasks need to be reprioritized and
/or assignments need to change.
- Washes walls, ceilings, woodwork, and chrome using appropriate
cleaning and polishing compounds as well as both step and extension
ladders. 2. Ensures the safety of all clients and other external
and internal stakeholders.
3. Demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
4. Works effectively with coworkers and supervisors to accomplish
5. Other job duties as assigned.
1. Customer Service Orientation
2. Cooperation & Teamwork
3. Attention to Detail and Thoroughness
Requirements QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
* Some previous experience is preferable, but on-site training is
* HS Diploma or GED.
* Valid photo identification to enter the work area.
* Ability to pass pre-employment and ongoing drug and alcohol
* Ability to pass requirements to obtain a security badge, as
needed by the client.
* Authorization to work in the US as per the E-Verify database.
1. The physical activity for the Janitor position is:
- Climbing. Ascending or descending ladders, stares, and ramps
using feet and legs and/ or hands and arms.
- Balancing. Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling and
walking, standing and crouching on narrow and slippery surfaces to
- Stooping. Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at
- Kneeling. Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or
- Crouching. Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg
- Reaching. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing for sustained periods of time.
- Walking. Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, and has an
ability to navigate from one location to another.
- Pushing. Using upper extremities to press against something
with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or
- Pulling. Using upper extremities to exert force in order to
draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Lifting. Must raise objects from a lower to a higher position
or move objects horizontally from position to-to-position.
- Manual dexterity that allows the use of hands and fingers to
turn on machines and safely push a mop and / or buffing
- Feeling. Must be able to perceive attributes of objects, such
as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin,
particularly that of fingertips. Assesses potential safety threats
, such as by exposure to chemicals and heat from malfunctioning
- Talking and hearing. Able to express and exchange ideas by
means of the spoken word. Ability to receive detailed information
through oral communication and to make the discrimination in
- Repetitive motions. Substantial movements (motions) of the
wrist, hands, and and/or fingers.
- Subject to vibration and exposed to oscillating movements of
the extremities and whole body, such as when using a buffing
machine that needs to be controlled while vibrating. 2. Physical
requirements for the Janitor:
- Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 lbs of force occasionally and /
or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and /or in excess of
20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. 3. The visual acuity
requirements for the Janitor (including color, depth perception and
- Required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy,
neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned and to make general
observation off facilities or structures. 4.The Janitor will be
subject to the following conditions in this position:
- Required to work inside and outside, while being exposed to
various climates for short periods of time (less than one
- Subject to hazards which includes a variety of physical
conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts,
electrical currents, and exposure to chemicals. Hours M-F 6-9 EOE
Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by
law. This position is currently accepting applications. Apply
Keywords: US&S, Inc., Columbia , Janitor, Other , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!