The Diesel Maintenance Tech (B) Overview:
1st Shift Tue - Sat
5:30am - 2:00pm
Apply Now to Qualify for a Sign on Bonus
The Diesel Maintenance Tech (B), located in Columbia, SC, is
responsible for repairing and maintaining all medium to heavy duty
customer vehicles and equipment (class 8 semis, forklifts, pallet
jacks, etc.) which includes routinely performing preventative
maintenance and corrective maintenance to ensure efficient vehicle
operations. The Diesel Maintenance Tech (B) will perform job duties
independently with little to no supervision & must be equipped with
personal tool box. Diesel Maintenance Tech (B) will also be
responsible for coaching and mentoring Diesel Maintenance Tech (C)
employees as needed.
Full knowledge and understanding of repairing and replacing all
structural, body and mechanical parts of a variety of diesel
equipment. Must possess basic computer entry (PC) skills.
* Diesel/automotive trade school diploma (+) 3 years previous
experience in heavy duty trailer maintenance or 3-5 years
verifiable experience in heavy duty trailer maintenance.
* DOT Brake/Annual inspector certified.
* Proficient welding and metal fabrication skills.
* Diagnose and repair or replace lights, wiring and GPS tracking
* Diagnose and repair ABS and air brake systems.
* Must complete all required paperwork, adhere to and maintain a
high level of housekeeping.
* Ability to maintain parts inventory process.
* Basic computer skills.
* Basic truck driving skills.
* Operate with minimal supervision.
* Professional/appropriate interaction with internal & external
* Adhere to all Red Classic safety guidelines
* Must be at least 18 years old
* ASE Certification preferred.
* DOT Brake/Annual Inspection certification
* High school diploma or equivalency required
* Clean driving record
* Must have valid driver's license
* No more than two moving violations (e.g. speeding, failure to
yield, failure to stop, violating a traffic signal, etc.) during
the previous three years
* No more than one accident in the previous three years
* No escalated moving violations in the last 7 years
The ideal candidate should meet the following criteria:
* Diesel trade school diploma plus three(3) to five(5) years
previous experience in heavy duty truck maintenance, or
* Five (5) or more years verifiable experience in heavy duty
* CDL A or B ability to obtain within ninety (90) days of
* Competitive pay based on years of experience
* Career Advancement Opportunities
* Paid Weekly/ Direct Deposit
* Vacation & Holiday Pay
* Annual Safety Bonus Opportunity
* Outstanding Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
Red Classic is an Equal Opportunity Employer.