Posted on: December 3, 2019
AgFirst Farm Credit Bank provides financing, as well as a range of
technology and other services, to a network of agricultural lenders
in the United States and Puerto Rico. Located on Main Street in
Columbia, S.C., AgFirst is committed to providing a
inclusive work environment. We believe in investing in our
employees so they can help lead our $30 billion company into the
future. Do you share our passion for making an impact on the world?
You may be a great fit for our AgFirst family.
The Underwriter II will be part of a critical team at AgFirst. The
focus of this specialized, technically oriented position is on
meeting and exceeding high standards of accuracy and quality based
on established systems, technologies and guidelines. Strength
in technical problem solving based on expertise and experience, and
a strong commitment to efficiently achieve high quality results is
required. A thoughtful, persevering, self-disciplined approach to
achieving accurate, detailed work is essential. The job
responsibilities and expectations are clearly defined, as is the
scope of job authority.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for underwriting Rural Home and Part-time
Farm/Residential loans according to program guidelines.Communicates
underwriting procedures to program participants.Reviews and
approves loan underwriting follow-up to clear loan conditions.
- Underwrites all mortgage loan applications according to policy,
regulatory and secondary market standards (as needed) ensuring
compliance and documentation requirements are met within service
level expectations as stated by the Bank.
- Reviews and verifies the accuracy all loan requests for
accurate processing and documentation including editing the
application on the loan origination system (LOS), calculating
appropriate ratios, reviewing the appraisal, title, credit reports,
- Complete Underwriting Decision in the LOS in a manner that
clearly and effectively communicate to the Association any issues
related to the underwriting of the loan.
- Correspond with processors to attain outstanding documentation
needed to complete requirements as stipulated in the Underwriting
- Accurately complete delegated underwriting for mortgage
insurance and obtain MI certificates in a timely manner.
- Effectively communicate with Bank staff, Fannie Mae, Farmer Mac
and mortgage insurers to clarify underwriting audit
- Clearly communicate to sellers, both verbally and in writing,
underwriting policies and procedures as they relate to Fannie Mae,
Farmer Mac and AgFirst's Correspondent Lending Department
- Education and/or experience equivalent to an Associate Degree
in Business or related field.
- Minimum three years' experience in front line retail or
correspondent conventional residential mortgage
- Thorough knowledge of Fannie Mae, Farmer Mac, and private
mortgage insurance products, underwriting standards and
- Working knowledge of industry standard mortgage origination,
processing, and closing software.
- Specific knowledge of RESPA, TIL and Integrated Disclosure
- Excellent follow-up, problem solving and analytical
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in various computer software programs including
Microsoft Office, database management and other business
- Flexibility to handle constantly changing multiple priorities
and work under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and actively engage
with supervisor to resolve complicated issues.
Keywords: AgFirst, Columbia , Underwriter II, Other , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!