Sr. Corporate Counsel
Company: Cloudera, Inc.
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Cloudera is blazing trails by providing an enterprise data cloud
for any data, anywhere, from the Edge to AI. Powered by the
relentless innovation of the open source community, Cloudera
advances digital transformation for the world's largest
enterprises. We empower people to transform complex data into clear
and actionable insights. At Cloudera, we believe that data can make
what is impossible today, possible tomorrow.
Cloudera seeks a collaborative, diligent, proactive and
business-savvy corporate counsel to support our U.S. Sales
organization. The person will be responsible for reviewing,
drafting and negotiating a broad range of commercial contracts
(e.g., master services agreements, SaaS, PaaS, software licensing,
and professional services, etc.) ensuring that contracts are in
compliance with legal, regulatory and company policies. This
position will report to the Vice President of Legal.
* Structuring, drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial
agreements with customers for new and follow-on business. Agreement
types include: master services agreements, professional services
agreements, order forms, statements of work, and nondisclosure
* Identifying contractual risks and suggesting alternatives that
lead to optimal solutions. Working cross-functionally with sales,
finance, and operations teams to ensure that contractual terms are
compliant with legal, regulatory, and company policies and risk
* Working cross-functionally to develop commercial models
(including defining and drafting the relevant terms and
* Setting or influencing strategic policies and initiatives,
including ensuring that contract terms are consistent with business
* Establishing trusted advisor relationships with the business
leadership team and the sales leadership team.
* Participating as a member of the Sales terriorty VPs extended
leadership team by attending staff calls, providing input on
business and contracting strategies, being a first point of contact
on all commercial legal issues for a particular region.
* Leading initiatives to improve Cloudera s approach with our
* Being an advocate, internally and externally, for our unique open
source business model.
* Keeping technically abreast of trends and advancements related to
company products and services, incorporating relevant changes into
the overall process and anticipating their application in future
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Juris Doctorate degree.
* Minimum 5+ years of directly related work experience.
* Extensive experience with, and knowledge of, software licensing
and commercial contracts.
* Excellent legal and contract negotiation skills and experience
negotiating with enterprise customers.
* Ability to understand complex contractual issues, assess risk and
provide pragmatic recommendations to all levels of management.
* Experience working with enterprise level sales teams and end of
* Experience with cloud-based business models and the contracting
paradigms to support such business models is ideal.
* Working knowledge of revenue recognition issues.
* Knowledge of open source software and related concepts is
preferred, but not required.
All candidates must be articulate, demonstrate superior
communication, negotiation, people and organizational skills, and
be comfortable and confident in dealing directly with customers,
sales teams and all levels of management. The successful candidate
will be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment but
also work collaboratively with a high-energy and talented team of
Cloudera is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Cloudera, Inc., Columbia , Sr. Corporate Counsel, Legal , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!