Company: Duck Creek Technologies
Posted on: January 14, 2019
Challenging convention. Trying new things. Reshaping an industry. The team at Duck Creek helps insurance companies bring amazing ideas to life quickly and easily with software that thinks and works like they do. We're fueled by sharing ideas openly, challenging conventions, trying new things, and valuing \"Why not?\" over \"Why?\" Our certainty that there is always a better way to do things keeps carriers ahead of their competition and is helping to reshape an industry. If having a hand in transforming one of the world's oldest and largest industries into a standard for innovation, open exchange, and peerless user experience sounds exciting, let us know. We may be looking for you. Software Developer Responsibilities:
- Provide designs, develops, and configures applications on the Duck Creek Platform to meet market and/or client requirements through end-to-end in the form of analysis, design, implementation, and including maintenance of these applications.
- Applies knowledge of technologies, applications, methodologies, processes and tools to design and develop these applications.
- Act as developer to triage and address issues with Duck Creek's applications
- Design and configure Property & Casualty solutions using the Duck Creek configuration tools
- Provide estimation expertise to an Agile software team
- Participate in implementation peer reviews
- Participate in the resolution and root-cause analysis of complex defects and/or system failures Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Sciences, and/or related field.
- 4+ Years of professional software development required.
- 5+ Years of professional software development experience preferred.
- 6+ years of experience working in software related field Nice to haves:
- Property & Casualty IT experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with the Duck Creek Policy-- system and/or Manuscripts, Agency Portal, Turnstile or Channel Connect preferred.
- Strong knowledge of software design patterns preferred.
- Ability to quickly achieve a high level of proficiency in any language or software technology as needed.
- Knowledge of software lifecycles preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Agile development methodologies including some of the following: Scrum, XP, Kanban, Lean, Test-driven development, and Behavior-driven development preferred.
- Highest degree of honesty and integrity
- Team player that puts the success of the company ahead of their own personal success
- Results, action-oriented, with a "whatever it takes" attitude
- Shows concern for quality in their work and practices continuous improvement
- Interacts professionally, appropriately and courteously with customers, other outside parties and co-workers
Keywords: Duck Creek Technologies, Columbia , Software Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!