Mobile Ultrasound Technician (Greenville, SC)
Company: DispatchHealth Management
Posted on: January 27, 2023
How You'll Make an Impact: Provide mobile, diagnostic
echocardiographic scans for physician diagnosis utilizing portable
echocardiography equipment and appropriate technical knowledge and
skills. Echo exams may be performed in a variety of settings,
including private residences, senior care facilities, short-term
rehabilitation facilities, specialty clinics, and correctional
facilities. Echo technologist needs to be creative to position the
patient's body to capture a clear image for the cardiologist to
assess. Additional experience in general vascular ultrasound
procedures a plus. What You'll Do:
- Travels in a company-supplied vehicle to perform
echocardiography studies for patients in a variety of service
locations in the local community.
- Follows all company policies, procedures and protocols while
performing echo exams.
- Demonstrates competence in performance of echocardiographic
studies based on established protocols and procedures.
- Performs echocardiographic studies considering the age-specific
physiological, emotional and cognitive needs of the patient
- Demonstrates understanding of cardiac disease processes in
order to obtain complete acquisition of images for clinical
diagnosis by the interpreting cardiologist
- Demonstrates safe work practices appropriate to position; i.e.,
how to report a safety hazard, proper body mechanics, or use of
personal protective equipment.
- Collects or verifies all required order documentation and
patient information prior to procedures.
- Prepares & positions patient for diagnostic imaging exams.
- Operates portable ultrasonic equipment with cardiac
capabilities at patient's bedside or other designated exam
- Prepares images for reading by radiologist or requesting
- Processes images and reviews for proper identification &
- Transmits images and all required associated documentation to
cardiologist in a timely manner according to company
- Completes all forms and maintains records, logs, and reports of
work performed according to standard protocols.
- Uploads all required documents into company systems according
to company protocols.
- Maintains equipment including cleaning and disinfecting
according to company procedures
- Takes good care of vehicle; ensures that the vehicle is well
stocked with necessary supplies prior to each shift.
- Operates and behaves in full compliance with all applicable
local, state and federal rules and regulations.
- Orients new staff and trains students, if requested.
- Assists with order taking, validation of studies, communication
with reading cardiologists, customer call-backs and other
administrative and customer support functions as directed.
- Acts professionally, and exhibits courtesy, friendliness, and a
positive attitude when interacting with co-workers, patients,
patient's family, client staff, physicians and others.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned.
What You Need:
- Adult Cardiac Sonographer with a satisfactory completion of an
accredited non-invasive cardiovascular training program, with a
focus in adult echocardiography and/or vascular ultrasound
- ARDMS registered in adult echocardiography with RDCS (AE)
designation OR CCI registered in registered Cardiac Sonographer
- Two (2) years' experience as a cardiac sonographer or vascular
- Additional Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) desired.
- Must have ability to perform quality and compete echocardiogram
studies and possess excellent organizational skills to perform in a
- Must demonstrate the ability to prioritize and organize daily
assignments of the job.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must have a working knowledge of other departmental procedures
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively in writing and
- Must demonstrate basic computer skills to perform date entry.
Who We Are: About DispatchHealth, Professional Portable X-Ray
(PPX), and Dynamic Mobile Imaging (DMI) DispatchHealth is building
the world's largest in-home care system to deliver trusted and
compassionate care to all. DispatchHealth offers on-demand acute
care and an advanced level of medical care for people of all ages
in the comfort of their own homes. DispatchHealth's emergency
medicine and internal medicine trained medical teams are equipped
with all the tools necessary to treat common to complex injuries
and illnesses. DispatchHealth works closely with payers, providers,
health systems, EMS, employer groups, and others to deliver care in
the home to reduce unnecessary emergency room visits, hospital
stays and readmissions. Acute Care medical teams are available
seven days a week, evenings, and holidays and can be requested
online or a quick phone call. DMI and PPX radiologic technologists
travel locally to diagnose patients in their own homes or at a
facility. As the premiere provider of portable digital x-rays,
ultrasounds, EKGs, holter monitors, echocardiograms, and dopplers
we pride ourselves on having superior digital technology which
allow for expedited care. Home health care services are becoming
increasingly common, and this is a great opportunity to become part
of one of the fastest growing mobile imaging companies in the
country. Connect With Us: Get to know us! Watch the video above to
hear from healthcare professionals on what it's like to work with
DispatchHealth. Follow us on Facebook , Twitter and YouTube to
Keywords: DispatchHealth Management, Columbia , Mobile Ultrasound Technician (Greenville, SC), IT / Software / Systems , Kinards, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!