Mobile Crisis Specialist
Company: Burrell Behavioral Health
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Looking to feed your desire to give to your community and
support those who need a helping hand? Look no further! Not only is
Burrell growing the amount of its resources, services, and
facilities to assist as many communities as possible, it also
provides plenty of opportunity for growth in your current field and
the freedom to explore others. Our culture and our environment are
unlike any other. We offer highly-competitive pay and a full range
of top-notch full-time employee benefits such as:
* Life Insurance
* Paid Time Off
* Short Term Disability
* Long Term Disability
* Retirement Plan
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Student Loan Reimbursement
* Employee Assistance Program
MOBILE CRISIS SPECIALIST
In accordance with agency Mission, Vision, Values, and Goals,
provides services to persons experiencing mental health crisis. The
Mobile Crisis Specialist II is on-call, is mobile, and works as a
team member with other staff within the Crisis department to
provide face to face crisis assessments or telephone crisis
intervention when deemed appropriate.
* Provides needed on-call/mobile coverage determined by their work
schedule. Will be available for consultation to members of the
mobile crisis team when support is requested.
* Receives calls from ACI Crisis Line or Crisis Services Leadership
and conducts telephone or face to face assessments when
* Communicates with other Crisis Team staff members when backup is
needed and accesses other necessary community or ACI resources when
* Assess for risk and coordinate the individual's needs during
crises: facilitate access to appropriate crisis services, assists
with coordinating hospitalization for individuals when appropriate,
or assists with connecting with other appropriate resources.
Complete a safety plan with individuals as necessary.
* Understand how to work with area law enforcement and emergency
medical personnel to the benefit of the individual and their
* Maintain good communication with both internal programs and
external community partners to provide access and/or referrals to
services as needed.
* Have knowledge of signs and symptoms of mental illness in
children and adults in order to effectively serve individuals in
* Be able to navigate the legal system with regard to custody and
guardianship issues with children and families in order to provide
the best care in the least restrictive environment.
* Have knowledge of the involuntary commitment process.
* Maintains proper and timely documentation to ensure compliance
and/or reporting to DMH, BBH, and other concerned entities.
* Follows all agency policies and procedures including emergency
and corporate compliance policies and procedures 100% of the
* Attend scheduled conference calls, webinars, face-to-face
meetings/trainings, and individual and group supervision.
* Master's Degree in a behavioral health or related field, have
completed a practicum, or have one (1) year of experience in a
behavioral health field
* Special Skills: knowledge and skills in assessing, triaging, and
treating suicidality; crisis intervention; effective oral and
written communication skills; problem solving/decision
making/clinical judgment; time management; computer/electronic
medical record knowledge
* Work independently
* Establish effective relationships via telephone and face-to-face
* Adaptability (ability to perform effectively in the face of
changing job demands)
* Initiative (taking necessary and appropriate action on one's
* CPR/First aid and CPI certified
* Able to follow direction and accept supervision
* Prior to being removed from probationary status, must demonstrate
competencies in the required areas of crisis intervention, safety
and legal issues, and working with law enforcement.
* Burrell Behavioral Health requires drivers of licensed company
vehicles and those using their own vehicles for business purposes
have the appropriate driver's license, insurance coverage, and meet
the auto liability carrier's driver's criteria.
What we offer:
Great pay, great schedule, great benefits, and an amazing culture
of inclusiveness and positivity. Burrell's dedication to promoting
diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in
all of our content and across all of our agency. Diversity is more
than a commitment at Burrell-it is the foundation of what we do. We
are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of
race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national
origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and
encourage applications from all qualified individuals without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital
status, disability or veteran status, or to other non-work related
Burrell is a Smoke and Tobacco Free Workplace.
Keywords: Burrell Behavioral Health, Columbia , Mobile Crisis Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!