Machine Operator 12 hr Days & Nights
Company: TRC Staffing
Posted on: September 24, 2022
We are currently looking for Machine Operators in Calhoun
SHIFT & PAY
12 hour Day shifts
12 hour Night shifts
Provides assistance to the shirring department by performing
semi-skilled labor and operating required equipment. Keeps work
areas in clean and orderly condition. Reports to Shirring
Department Team Leader.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform a variety of routine tasks to assist in production
- Transport materials, supplies, components, and packaged product
between work areas, using work aids, such as racks, carts, and hand
- Examine and measure product to verify conformance to company
- Examine product for defects and to ensure proper functioning,
using a water link test.
- Deliver supplies to work stations.
- Record information, such as number of product tested, using
computerized data entry.
- Collect and discard trash to maintain machinery and work
- Utilize proper safety precautions related to all work
Education and Experience and requirements:
- High school graduate or equivalent; Work Keys scores as
- Previous work experience and specifically Manufacturing
experience a plus.
- A criminal background check and drug screen will be required
prior to temporary placement, and pre-screening physical will be
required prior to full time employment.
Skills and Abilities Requirements:
- Ability to perform routine maintenance of work areas and
determine when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing quality
- Knowledge of materials, production processes, and quality
control methods for maximizing the effective manufacturing and
distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of operational characteristics of mechanical
equipment and tools used in the area of work assigned.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and standard safety
- Ability to perform a variety of manual tasks for extended
periods of time.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in
- Working Conditions:
Location: 100% indoors
Hazards: Moving equipment, trip obstacles, slippery surfaces
Safety Equipment: Non-skid safety shoes, safety glasses,
color-coded smocks, hairnets
Essential functions require maintaining physical condition
- Standing / Walking: Constantly, throughout 12-hour work
- Sitting: Infrequently, during breaks and lunch
- Lift / Carry: Constantly, 1-75 lbs., equipment, supplies,
- Bending / Twisting: Frequently, at waist, knees, and neck
throughout work shift. Some twisting is required, but can be
avoided with attention to proper body mechanics.
- Kneeling / Crouching: Infrequently, may be required while
retrieving supplies from lower shelves
- Hands / Arms: Constant use in reaching, handling, grasping, and
using fingers while operating equipment and tools. Overhead
reaching required throughout shift.
- Sight: Constantly, in performing job tasks and maintaining
safety standards on the job. Requires depth perception and hand /
eye coordination in the operation of equipment and tool use.
- Speech / Hearing: Constantly, communicating
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
TRC Staffing is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: TRC Staffing, Columbia , Machine Operator 12 hr Days & Nights, Human Resources , Swansea, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!