Executive Chef 2
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Unit Description:Do you thrive in a fast-paced kitchen
environment? Grow your culinary career in a management position
Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 2 for South Carolina State
University located in Orangeburg, South Carolina. Reporting
directly to the General Manager, the Executive Chef will be
responsible for managing the culinary operations for the Resident
Dining Program, Catering, On-Campus & 3rd Party Catering Functions,
and Summer Camps & Conferences. SCSU is a prestigious HBCU with a
newly remodeled kitchen, servery and retail unit. Relocation
assistance is available.
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for purchasing, menu compliance, inventory, food
cost analysis and food production forecasting;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance
and food quality are implemented;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team
members to embrace culinary innovations;
- ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard
- have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering,
production and management systems.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to
stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability
to maintain the highest of culinary standards;
- strong coaching and employee development skills; and/or
- have a passion for food and innovation.
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business
segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government
and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure
locations across the United States. Continue your search for
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary
career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life
balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education
opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's
unique in the hospitality industry.Position Summary:Provides
culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu
planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works
directly with internal and external clients managing the catering
process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements:Basic Education Requirement -
Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or
culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending,
catering services, institutional services, mall food courts,
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Keywords: Sodexo, Columbia , Executive Chef 2, Hospitality & Tourism , Orangeburg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!