Cook-Dietary Aide HCC
Posted on: January 13, 2022
The Dietary Aide Assists with foodpreparation in accordance with
our established procedural guidelines, and asdirected by the Food
The Cook prepares palatable, nutritionallysound meals consistent
with departmental policies and procedures and consistentwith state
and federal laws and regulations that meet daily nutritional
andspecial diet needs of each resident. Responsible to ensure that
foods areprepared and served at the proper temperature and the
proper time. Works withDirector of Food Service to allocate
resources in an efficient manner so thateach resident receives food
in the amount, type, consistency and frequency tomaintain
acceptable body weight, nutritional values, and quality of
1. - - -Assistscook in the preparation of meals, salads, desserts,
snacks or other dishes for patients/residents,also prepares
between-meal nourishments (make sandwiches, etc.)
2. - - -Followsdiet orders and NPO diet orders
3. - - -Servesnourishments in accordance with procedural
4. - - -Properlystores leftovers/ opened food
5. - - -Followsprocedures for serving partner meals
6. - - -Offersmenu substitutions and records them in accordance
with procedural guidelines.
7. - - -Complieswith infection control policies in the work
8. - - -Deliverstrays to patients/residents on halls and in dining
9. - - -Assistswith the serving/pouring of juice, milk, water, and
tea, etc.; makes coffee/tea as requested
10. -Cleansall tables in the dining area after each meal
11. -Cleanswork area at the end of shift and after meals, including
sweeping and moppingand stores all cleaning equipment
12. -Cleanskitchen equipment such as, carts, tables, counters, ice
machine, buckets,blender, mixer, meat slicer, freezer,
refrigerator, stove, steamer, garbagedisposal, dish machine coffee/
tea maker, steam table etc.
13. -Removesgarbage from kitchen areas and hoses out garbage
14. -Scrapesdishes, washes dishes, pots and pans and stores
15. -Recordsfreezer and walk-in refrigerator temperatures in
accordance with establishedprocedures
16. -Maintainsdishwasher and dish sink; checks and records water
temperature (dishwasher, patand pan sink, etc.); checks dishwasher
with sanitizer strips; checks chemicallevels and replaces if
17. -Maintainssupply stock and properly stores items according to
18. -Setsup tray line and performs tray line service
19. -Operatesthe dish machine, garbage disposal, mixer, blender,
meat slicer, steamer,coffee and tea maker
20. -Uses,cleans and maintains serving equipment (ladle, spoon,
scoops, etc.) accordingto established procedures
21. -Workingknowledge of food handling, preparation and storage
techniques that comply withstate and federal laws and regulations.
Ability to apply regulations to worksituations of cook and to
supervision of staff assistants.
22. -Followsrecipes and prepares foods that correspond to menu
cycles prepared byDietitian. Cook or prepares palatable,
attractive, nutritionally adequate mealsin institutional quantities
that are served at proper times.
23. -Assistswith supervision kitchen staff that assist with food
preparation, assemblingtrays, cleaning and storage of supplies and
equipment. Continuously cleans foodservice work areas as food
preparation and service is done. Uses food suppliesand equipment in
an efficient and economic manner to prevent waste.
24. -Preparesand maintains supply of food substitutes to
accommodate resident choices,cultural, ethnic and religious
preferences. Inspects trays following mealservice to monitor and
record resident acceptance of menu items. Reportsfindings to
25. -Usesfood preparation equipment according to manufacturer's
instructions. Followsproper cleaning techniques and preventative
maintenance schedules. Handles,stores, dispose of food supplies and
prepared food in accord with departmentprocedures and in compliance
with state and federal regulations.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
A high school diplomaor its equivalent.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
A minimum of one (1) yearinstitutional food service experience as a
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
Experience in long termcare food production is preferred.
Primary Location: South Carolina-Bamberg
Shift: 1st Shift
Job Posting: Aug 9, 2019, 9:58:18 AM
Keywords: PruittHealth, Columbia , Cook-Dietary Aide HCC, Hospitality & Tourism , Bamberg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!