Cook 6:30a-2:30p/Fri & Sat $500 Sign On Bonus (Part Time)
Company: The Westbury
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Title:CookDepartment/Group:CulinaryJob DescriptionCompany
PhilosophyArrow Senior Living Management believes that each
employee makes a significant contribution to our success in
fulfilling our mission to provide exceptional, loving and dignified
care. That contribution should not be limited by assigned
responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is
designated to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope,
but not limit the individual or the organization to just the work
identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer
his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the
success of our endeavors.Key AccountabilityTo provide exceptional
quality food, attractively presented in a timely fashion, and first
class customer service.Duties
- Present a professional demeanor that communicates a corporate
philosophy of service, goodwill, and genuine interest in each
- Follow all direction of Food Service Director.
- Maintain company standards in food preparation, serving, and
- Provide high quality food preparation and prompt service.
- Use or wear the equipment, protective devices, or clothing that
the community requires be used or worn.
- Assist Food Service Director in properly managing
- Comply with health, safety, and infection control practices at
the state and local levels.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and customer service
at all times.
- Prepare all menu items according to established standards and
- Prepare all special menu items for meals occurring within your
- Break down and clean work area as assigned by cleaning schedule
and periodically by Food Service Director.
- Label and date all foods before storing.
- Secure and lock all walk-in storage, refrigerators, freezers,
and back door entry.
- Familiarize yourself with residents of the Community.
- Participate in resident orientations by explaining amenities,
routines, and expectations of the Community and your
- Handle resident concerns and complaints in a caring and
- Promote to all staff an understanding of the importance of the
Food Services department to resident quality life.
- Demonstrate interest and knowledge in meeting needs of the
- Perform other duties as assigned.Requirements
- Be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of
performing assigned tasks. Good physical health shall be verified
by a health screening performed by a physician not more than six
(6) months prior to or seven (7) days after employment.
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis within seven
(7) days of employment and annually thereafter.
- Must be criminally cleared.
- Possess a current Food Handlers Card as specified per the
Department of Health.
- Has demonstrated skills, knowledge, and competency in the areas
of leadership, training, and supervision.
- Proficient written and oral communication skills with other
members of management, professional and support staff are also
required. indhp--- Arrow Senior Living Management, LLApproved
Keywords: The Westbury, Columbia , Cook 6:30a-2:30p/Fri & Sat $500 Sign On Bonus (Part Time), Hospitality & Tourism , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!