Production Supervisor, Panelboard Assembly - 2nd Shift
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Eaton is currently seeking a Production Supervisor on 2nd shift
(2:30pm-11:00pm) in Panelboard Assembly to join our team. This
position is based out of our Sumter, SC facility. Relocation is
offered for this position.
The Production Supervisor role is responsible for leading the 2nd
shift Panelboard Assembly Team to safely produce and ship product,
at minimum cost, in accordance with engineering design
specifications, quality standards, customer service goals, and
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
In This Function You Will
- Ensure that production demands are met by the panelboard teams
and that team leaders understand their roles in the upkeep of order
- Optimize the functions of one's department to effectively meet
customer needs while minimizing costs.
- Maintain daily statistics on customer demand, production, and
- Communicate production metrics to management and other
functional supervisors and maintain active communications between
all levels of plant personnel.
- Serve as a central point of contact for management in regards
to production issues in one's functional area.
- Promote a Zero Incident Safety Culture enforcing safety
standards that include housekeeping objectives, following all
safety rules and procedures including PPE standards and buddy
checks, and addressing unsafe conditions.
- Understand and meet all department safety goals.
- Ensure that department work areas are kept clean, organized,
and orderly per 5S standards.
- Champion continuous improvement efforts throughout the
- Lead in the coaching, counseling, and disciplinary activities
surrounding one's employees while simultaneously administering and
maintaining Eaton Corporation policies and plant policies.
- Explain the necessities of new policies, technologies, and
processes as they are implemented.
- Evaluate workload requirements to ensure proper and adequate
manning to support production requirements.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities accordingly as governed by
- Investigate and solve quality issues and/or serve as a point of
contact through which quality issues can be resolved. Ensure that
employees know the importance of quality and enforce follow
through. Work with quality control team to resolve issues and
regularly review quality trends in the market.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds
that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company -
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with minimum
of one (1) year of supervisory experience
- OR High School diploma from an accredited institution with a
minimum of 10 years of supervisory experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience supporting
Manufacturing, Operations, or Technical processes is required.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company
sponsorship now or in the future
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only
candidates currently located within a 50 mile radius of Sumter, SC
will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates
are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited
- Three years of leadership experience
- Lean manufacturing / Operational Excellence skills in 5S+,
Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, Visual Management, etc.
- Broad knowledge of manufacturing, production control, computer
systems applications, including Excel, Word, DMM, AS400, Mapics,
Vista, & Outlook, personnel management, and accounting principles.
Good understanding of business and market requirements.
Manufacturing & Operations
North America - US/Puerto Rico
United States-South Carolina-Sumter
Sumter SC Loc
ES CRDS COMM Commercial
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility)
allowed for this position?
Does this position offer relocation?
Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Requisition ID :093320
Keywords: Eaton, Columbia , Production Supervisor, Panelboard Assembly - 2nd Shift, Hospitality & Tourism , Sumter, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!