Posted on: January 14, 2020
At Talbots, we help our customers look and feel their best. The
Talbots General/Store Manager (GM/SM) leads a team in creating a
hospitable environment for customers and associates alike. The
GM/SM is a role model for creating exceptional customer experiences
and building enduring relationships both internally and externally.
The GM/SM is responsible for attracting and building a
high-performance team, balancing the operational energy with
selling energy necessary to create exceptional experiences for our
customers and driving the business forward within his/her
The GM is responsible for leading the activities within a higher
volume store, multiple concept store and/or a multiple location
- Embodies the leadership skills needed to attract and build a
- Is customer-centric and understands the importance exceptional
service contributes in growing store sales.
- Driven to create, build and cultivate relationships with
customers, Talbots associates and the community.
- Ambitious and enthusiastic in creating an environment for both
the store and team to succeed.
- Reinforces consistent selling, service and operational
standards through coaching, training and accountability.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, a high level of
integrity, fiscal responsibility, critical thinking, and leadership
- Has strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- Professional, assertive and friendly with the ability to make
- Model professionalism, strong work ethic, integrity and respect
for others creating an environment that positions Talbots as an
employer of choice.
- Educate, coach, mentor and inspire all store associates based
on their individual strengths, opportunities and needs. This
includes onboarding new talent, sharing product knowledge,
wardrobing /fashion trends, driving key performance indicators,
- Model exceptional customer service and relationship-building
behaviors to drive customer loyalty
- and a sustainable sales trend.
- Create a collaborative, team environment where all associates
are held accountable and proud to uphold the same standards,
policies and procedures.
- Provide ongoing coaching and feedback, manage the performance
appraisal process and address performance/disciplinary/termination
actions when required.
- Stay abreast of the business and competitive landscape, fashion
trends and key business drivers to strategically identify
opportunities that will maximize sales and ensure financial goals
- Assess team and discern appropriate balance of selling vs.
operational energy within the store to successfully service the
customer, manage payroll/staffing schedule and optimize sales.
- Analyze store reports to optimize performance, take action and
give direction based on business trends.
Sales and Service:
- Model sales and service excellence creating a selling culture
where all associates align around the needs of our customers.
- Use company resources and personal leadership to facilitate and
sustain a strong selling environment that holds associates
accountable for achieving productivity standards.
- Exhibit knowledge of industry trends and competitive activity
and share this knowledge with the team.
- Lead associates in consistently marketing Talbots brand
initiatives to grow key selling metrics.
- Professionally represent the brand image and ensure all
associates meet same standards.
- Lead all areas of operational excellence.
- Plan and prioritize tasks and responsibilities to meet the
needs of the business.
- Protect company assets and maintain a safe work
- Ensure compliance of all company policies and procedures as
well as local, state, and federal employment laws.
- Minimum of four years of leadership experience preferred.
Specialty retailing experience preferred.
- Able to effectively select, lead and develop a team of 15-30
- Strong sales experience required with demonstrated ability to
meet or exceed performance standards.
- An essential function of the job is the ability to work a
flexible schedule based on the needs of the business including
opening/closing shifts as well as weekends and holidays.
- An essential function of the job is the ability to move about
in a store including standing, walking, kneeling, stooping,
climbing ladders, using stairs, carrying, bending, stretching,
twisting, or reaching out with the body, arms, or legs, pulling and
lifting objects up to 40 pounds. Sometimes these movements are made
quickly and repeatedly.
- An essential function of the job is the ability to navigate
computer/handheld systems with intermediate computer and
- Able to work cooperatively in a diverse work environment.
- Flexible to occasional travel.
- Open to relocating for opportunities in other areas of the
- High school degree required. College degree preferred.
Note: This position description is intended to describe the general
nature of work being performed by associates assigned to this job.
It is not intended to be inclusive of all duties and
responsibilities and is subject to change.
Keywords: Talbots, Columbia , Store Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!