Sales Representative - Retail Trade Execution - Columbia, South Carolina, FIJI Water
Company: FIJI Water
Posted on: December 4, 2019
The FIJI-- Water company is a luxury beverage company that began
with the namesake FIJI Water brand and now also includes
world-class premium wine brands, JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery in Paso
Robles, California and Landmark Vineyards in Kenwood, California
and JNSQ Wines. FIJI Water, a family-owned and operated company, is
a leader in the premium beverage business with its exceptional
brands sold in more than 40 countries. FIJI Water, known for its
iconic square bottle, soft mouth-feel and unique mineral profile,
is the water of choice among discerning consumers and top chefs.
JUSTIN Vineyards established its reputation through its
critically-acclaimed Bordeaux-style blends and single varietals,
combining Old World tradition with New World techniques. Landmark,
a third-generation, family-owned-and-operated winery, is known for
its outstanding Chardonnay wine sourced from the best grapes in
The Sales Representative, Retail Sales Trade Execution will lead
market, channel and account execution to support FIJI Water,
Justin, Landmark, JNSQ Wine portfolio sales and profit initiatives.
This position will play an integral role in driving store level
execution working to achieve the overall sales objectives of the
Retail Sales. This position reports to the Sales Manager or Sales
Supervisor -- Retail Trade Execution
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
You enjoy staying active and busy throughout the day. You are
thorough and detail-oriented in your approach to work and you
display a high sense of urgency to accomplish your goals. You are
an effective problem solver on your own; however, you can follow
company guidelines and processes to complete assigned job tasks.
You are results-oriented, enjoy working with people and you apply
effective interpersonal and time management skills to getting your
You have successfully sold conceptual products and programs to
decision-makers at all levels, and you are skilled at providing
compelling reasons to purchase, or display, against the
competition. You have excellent selling and negotiation skills, and
you are able to fearlessly influence a buying decision leveraging
basic business math concepts such as margins, shrink and percentage
sales lift. You have successfully overcome existing adverse
relationships and you are skilled at building long-term
partnerships. You are extremely goal focused, memorable and you
love the challenge! Is this you?
Here's what you'll do:
- Maintain territory as assigned to build/establish retail
- Take initiative to expand space/presence on FIJI Water, Justin,
Landmark and JNSQ products by building/moving displays and/or
product to establish best location for sales portfolio
- Rotate, stock all company authorized products as needed on
every store call.
- Maintain schematic integrity, re-merchandising projects as
needed including grand openings/re-models as requested by
- Develops/maintains relationships with retailer store/field
operations personnel and supervisors to facilitate account
penetration and achieve maximum sales, execution and participation
on all company promotions and programs.
- Sell/up-sell and monitor retail distribution of a
headquarter-authorized products for all stores in assigned
territory as needed and as store situation dictates.
- Perform Consumer Wine Tastings as necessary for Wonderful
Company Wine Portfolio in assigned Retail Chain Accounts.
- As trained and directed, accurately record all data-gathering
objectives as instructed through use of company hand-held
- Execute/maintain/monitor all company-driven marketing
initiatives and programs for all stores in assigned territory as
applicable including maintenance of POS and coupon/tie-in programs
- Maintains all company provided equipment and material in
acceptable working order and condition.
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
- Clean driving record is required - a background check will be
- Must be able to lift 50lbs. with no restrictions. The
merchandising portion of the role is a physical job and requires a
candidate who enjoys being active throughout the day.
- Must be able to work an early morning schedule and be able to
begin work by 7AM daily. If you are not a morning person this
position is not for you!
- Must live within the territory boundaries as
- Routine travel to within territory and business travel outside
assigned territory as required by supervisor for sales blitz
activity. May include some Saturdays.
- Must be computer literate. Ability to proficiently navigate MS
Outlook, Word and Excel is required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to successfully work
and achieve goals
- Must demonstrate the ability to take initiative, be proactive
in identifying issues and recommend solutions, build relationships
with customers and internal associates, and follow through on all
aspects of the business.
- Ability to present both internally (team, senior leadership)
and externally (retailers).
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize in a fast-paced
- Positive attitude with a team mentality.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing business needs.
- Customer service mindset to ensure internal/external partners
receives quality sales support.
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7
online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match
- Subsidized gym membership.
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to
donate company money to a cause of your choice.
FIJI-- Water, natural artesian water bottled at the source in Viti
Levu (Fiji islands), is the No. 1 premium imported bottled water in
the United States. FIJI Water, known for its iconic square bottle,
soft mouth feel and unique mineral profile, is the water of choice
among discerning consumers and top chefs. Widely available at fine
restaurants and hotels, all major retail channels and through a
convenient home/business delivery service, FIJI Water has expanded
globally to more than 80 countries. To discover Earth's Finest
Water--, please visit www.fijiwater.com, like us on Facebook, or
follow us on Instagram or Twitter.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with
opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: FIJI Water, Columbia , Sales Representative - Retail Trade Execution - Columbia, South Carolina, FIJI Water, Hospitality & Tourism , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!