Unarmed Hospital Security Officer Downtown Columbia (FT)
Company: Allied Universal
Posted on: June 14, 2019
Description: The Security Professional (Unarmed) is responsible for
providing protective services to the healthcare facility, patients,
visitors, and staff in a courteous, friendly and professional
Scope of Work: The primary responsibility is to deter crime and
provide order and control during the shift within the boundaries of
the assigned post. This Security Professional patrols the facility
or stands a post as instructed and serves as a general security
presence and visible deterrent to crime and client rule
infractions; detects suspicious activities; watches for criminal
acts or client rule infractions at or near assigned post. The
Sign-in Concierge Officer Post is located in the Childrens Hospital
Main Lobby. The Sign-in Officer is responsible for greeting all
those who enter the area, and controlling the flow of traffic into
the facility. The Sign-in Officer is generally the first person a
visitor has contact with and will greet all who enter in a
courteous and friendly manner and proactively offer assistance to
any who appear to need assistance.
In the event of the commission of a crime or disorder, this person
is responsible for alerting the Shift Supervisor and higher
authorities, responding to the incident and providing assistance as
needed, protecting personnel and property within reason and
securing the incident scene until properly relieved.Minimum
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Education and Experience:
- Meet Allied Universal Security Services hiring
- Experience in security or law enforcement or equivalent is
preferred. Experience in security in a healthcare facility
preferred. Military or law enforcement background is
- Applicants with at least four (4) years military service
(honorable conditions only) will weigh in the favor of applicants
with similar experience.
- Working knowledge of applicable accreditation standards and
regulations impacting security programs in a healthcare environment
to include: CMS, TJC, HIPAA, EMTALA, OSHA, and NFPA.
- Ability to identify problems and assist in determining root
causes and results oriented solutions.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and
written), to effectively communicate with patients, patient
families, and staff members; and documenting of incidents.
- Ability to handle typical and crisis situations efficiently and
- Demonstrated ability to safely and responsibly use, store, and
maintain assigned equipment.
- Competency Requirements: Security Professionals are required to
pass initial and annual competency evaluations consisting of the
- South Carolina SLED Unarmed Certification
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
- Bloodborne Pathogen/Infection Control
- Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA)
- Use of Force
- Clinical Restraint Usage
- Client required courses
- Security Incident Response Procedures
- CPR/Basic First Aid (required every two years)
- Additional Training Requirements: Must successfully complete
the following training courses. An * denotes annual
- Healthcare Essentials
- Certified Healthcare Security Professional
- Client Orientation
- Security Department Orientation and Training Academy
- Background Check Requirements:
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check to meet Allied
- Must be able to pass a motor vehicle check with not more than
three (3) moving violations within the past year
- Health Screen Requirements: The following health screens must
be completed prior to being assigned to a post. An * denotes annual
- TB Screen *
- Hepatitis B series vaccine or signed declination statement
- N-95 Fit Test *
- Flu Shot *
- 10 panel drug screen
- License and Credential Requirements:
- Ability to achieve and maintain South Carolina SLED licensing
- License to operate a motor vehicle in the state of South
Carolina with less than 3 moving violations within a year.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment and work
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality
- Neat and professional appearance in accordance with set
- Ability to provide quality customer service with a friendly and
- Ability to make decisions and handle situations
Minimum Physical Requirements:With or without reasonable
accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may
include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing
clearly; occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping,
kneeling, crouching and crawling. Frequent sitting, standing and
walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may
involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven
terrain; frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and
occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds. In addition:
- Must be able to identify the following colors: red, green, pink
- Must maintain a level of physical and emotional health to cope
with periods of high stress and working hours that may extend
beyond the standard work week.
- Cognitive abilities must be unimpaired to deal with the
intellectual demands of the position.
- Ability to use PPE and adaptive equipment where work requires
protective equipment and close visual and auditory attention to
- Movement around the building will be necessary to monitor
personnel, the condition of facilities and equipment, and response
to emergent situations and events.
- Moderate physical effort required to physically restrain
patients, respond to emergencies on upper floors without the use of
an elevator, assist in patient evacuations, and respond to other
emergency and non-emergency situations.
Working Conditions:On a regular basis this position will be
- Interact with patients, employees, visitors, physicians, and
the general public during normal and emotionally charged
- Work both independently and in team situations.
- Defuse potentially violent situations with verbal or physical
- Work multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Work with material which may be hazardous.
- Must have ability to cope well under emergency and stressful
situations while making sound decisions and recommendations to
physicians, nursing and professional staff relative to issues
involving safety and security.
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to
hiring a diverse workforce. Allied Universal will provide qualified
individuals with reasonable accommodations pursuant to the
Americans with Disabilities Act and/or any other applicable state
or local laws. We are committed to hiring veterans and reservists.
Since 2013, we have hired over 25,000 heroes.
Keywords: Allied Universal, Columbia , Unarmed Hospital Security Officer Downtown Columbia (FT), Healthcare , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!