Health Services Administrator/RN (Nursing Administrator #)
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Nurse Manager opening in Columbia, South Carolina. Overview Our Health Services Administrator/RN manages and evaluates all facility health service activities based on company, contractual and healthcare policies and procedures, goals, and objectives. Implements all contractually required healthcare services. Manages department budget and seeks to improve the operational efficiencies of the facility's health service program. This position uses the Nursing Process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate the provision of comprehensive care for sexually violent predators. In addition, this position functions as a liaison between facility staff, contracting agency, and compliance agencies on healthcare-related matters. Qualifications Education for Health Services Administrator:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing, or Health Care Administration, or related degree or certification from an accredited school. Experience for Health Services Administrator:
- Previous healthcare management or supervisory experience.
- Experience as a nurse supervisor/manager or charge nurse is desirable.
- Experience in healthcare planning, budgeting and meeting contractual obligations preferred.
- Experience in a secure residential facility a plus.
- Ability to treat staff and residents in a consistent manner following company policies and procedures.
- Above average verbal and written skills.
- Must be able to disseminate verbal instructions or training clearly and in a manner that is understood by the intended audience.
- Must be able to write memorandums and reports in a clear, concise, and accurate manner.
- Working knowledge of program objectives, policies, correctional healthcare laws and standards desirable . Licenses/Certifications for Health Services Administrator:
- Current and active Registered Nurse License in the State of South Carolina, or eligibility through reciprocity, preferred. Responsibilities
- Provides overall leadership and administrative supervision to the facility's healthcare operations including Medical, Psychiatry, and Nursing services.
- Works in unison with facility and corporate management to ensure the healthcare needs of the facility are consistently being met and are in compliance with company's contractual and healthcare policies, procedures, goals, and objectives.
- Maintains effective working relationships with security, psychiatry, clinical, medical and nursing staff, contracted providers, and outside provider agencies.
- Ensures compliance with the policies and procedures of the company.
- Utilizes established policies and procedures in making decisions, but also uses sound independent judgment performing the duties of the position. CCS is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Keywords: WellPath, Columbia , Health Services Administrator/RN (Nursing Administrator #), Healthcare , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!