MolDX Medical Director-R1001658
Company: BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Please see below for the requirements. Applicants that are interested need to apply via this link:?https://ourhrconnect.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/SCBlues/job/Columbia-South-Carolina/MolDX-Medical-Director_R1001658
Summary?As member of the senior management team, provides Administrative oversight to the medical staff, analyzes medical review utilization data, researches new medical procedures or technology, and acts as a resource to providers and internal staff on issues concerning medical policies. May also write and revise medical policies.?Description?30% Supports operations in the form of case review on both medical and regulatory matters. Develops claim adjudication criteria for situations requiring medical judgment. Provides input on issues and operational policies, processes, and procedures.30% Educates staff and medical community on various aspects of medical policy and program administration.20% May develop and update medical policy in consultation with appropriate regulatory personnel, medical consultants, and professional societies.* Develops external relationships with the medical community and serves as liaison between these entities and the contractors.10% Reviews physician and provider practice pattern analysis and other statistical data related to unusual medical service utilization.10% Conducts research into new or controversial medical procedures and technology.
- ?Doctorate degree Medical Doctor (MD) with current active license to practice medicine.Required Experience:
- 5 years post-graduate experience in direct patient care.
- AP and CP board-certified pathologist with experience in CPT.
- Previous experience involving the PFS, CLFS, and Molecular Pathology coding and reimbursement systems.
- Experience in management with commitment to maintain data systems on a daily basis.Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Good judgment skills.
- Proficiency in spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Ability to persuade, negotiate, or influence others.
- Ability to work as a team member as well as a leader.
- Knowledge of medical and utilization review techniques.Required Software and Tools:
- Microsoft Office.Required license:
- Active state medical license and current board certification in a recognized specialty.We participate in E-Verify and comply with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.Equal Employment Opportunity StatementBlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina and our subsidiary companies maintain a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment to promote employment opportunities for persons regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, weight, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other legally protected status. Additionally, as a federal contractor, the company maintains Affirmative Action programs to promote employment opportunities for minorities, females, disabled individuals and veterans. It is our policy to provide equal opportunities in all phases of the employment process and to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
Keywords: BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina, Columbia , MolDX Medical Director-R1001658, Healthcare , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!