Physician - Ophthalmologist
Company: US Department of Veteran Affairs
Posted on: September 13, 2018
The medical center provides care to approximately 82,000 veterans in the midlands and upstate South Carolina. Community Based Outpatient Clinics are located in Anderson, Greenville, Spartanburg, Florence, Orangeburg, Sumter, and Rock Hill, and provide primary care, mental health, and telemedicine services. Dorn VAMC is affiliated with the University of South Carolina (USC) School of Medicine and provides teaching services for students and residents. USC is the state's flagship research university with Schools of Medicine, Public Health, Nursing, Pharmacy, and an active Graduate School.
Columbia, South Carolina, is a wonderful place to live and work. A small-town atmosphere within a metropolitan city, Columbia is known for its museums, restaurants, and the University of South Carolina. Columbia offers four-season outdoor activity with several championship golf courses in the area and is a short drive from the mountains and the beach. Columbia is located near a 50,000 acre lake with boating and recreational opportunities and is also in close proximity to the premier Atlantic Ocean beaches and mountains.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM-4:30PM. Night and weekend call is required. Subject to change based on agency need.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required.
Incentives: Recruitment/relocation incentive authorized.
Applications received by May 7, 2018 will receive first consideration. If selections are not made, applications will be reviewed as received.Basic Requirements:
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Preferred Experience: Prefer the incumbent is board certified or board eligible. Glaucoma experience required
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements: Moderate lifting, 15-44 pounds; straight pulling (4 hours); pushing (4 hours); reaching above shoulder; use of fingers; both hands required; walking (2 hours);standing (7 hours); kneeling (1 hour); repeated bending (4 hours); both legs required; near vision correctable at 13" to 16" to Jaeger 1 to 4; far-vision correctable in one eye to 20/50 and to 20/100 in the other; ability to distinguish basic colors; hearing (aid permitted); mental and emotional stability required.None
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes (upload C.V. as resume document type):
- VA Form 10-2850 - Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists & Chiropractors can be found at: http://www.va.gov/vaforms/search_action.asp?FormNo=2850&tkey=&Action=Search.
- Copy of license.
The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc.
- Cover Letter
- Other Veterans Document
Keywords: US Department of Veteran Affairs, Columbia , Physician - Ophthalmologist, Healthcare , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!