Radiology Technician I, Orthopedics (PRN)
Company: Prisma Health
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.Job
SummaryOperates radiologic equipment to make clinical diagnostic
x-ray films as directed by care providers and performs routine
- Positions patients and adjusts equipment for taking x-rays,
following established procedures. Follows prescribed safety
standards in operating radiologic equipment.
- Instructs patients regarding procedures.
- Examines radiologic film for properties such as density and
contrast, definition, magnification and distortion.
- Develops and processes radiologic film.\u00A0 Delivers film to
requester for reading/interpretation.
- Maintains x-ray exam room.\u00A0 Stocks necessary medical and
- Cleans and makes minor adjustments to radiologic
equipment.\u00A0 Responsible for routine maintenance and vendor
notification of failures.
- Responsible for dissemination of x-ray reports and x-rays,
maintaining a location log.
- Schedules radiologic exams to be performed at outside labs, as
- Gathers and prepares x-rays with physician interpretation for
radiologist over read.Supervisory/Management ResponsibilityThis is
a non-management job that will report to a supervisor, manager,
director, or executive.Minimum RequirementsAssociate's Degree:
Completion of accredited radiology programRequired
- SCRQSA license RSQA - RAD QUALITY STANDARD
- American Registry for Radiology Technologists\u00A0 (ARRT)
certification for Radiology
- New graduates must obtain and submit Permanent SCRQSA license
within 30 days of passing ARRT registry. May work with temporary B
SCRQSA license for 30 days. In Lieu Of The Above Minimum
- In lieu of the accredited radiology program the completion of
the diploma program thru AnMed Health is acceptable.\u00A0
Additionally any education that is considered grandfathered by the
American Registry for Radiology Technologists is also
- Team members in this job as of 11/08/2020 are grandfathered
from the education and experience requirements listed above pending
state and regulatory requirements.Other Required Skills and
ExperienceOne year physician practice experience
\u00A0preferredWork ShiftDay (United States of America)Location104
Saluda Pointe Dr LexingtonFacility3429 Orthopedics
ImagingDepartment34291000 Orthopedics Imaging-Practice
OperationsShare your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to
transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve.
The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in
every role here at Prisma Health.
Keywords: Prisma Health, Columbia , Radiology Technician I, Orthopedics (PRN), Healthcare , Lexington, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!