Registered Nurse - $15,000 Sign-on Bonus
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Utilizing the nursing process, provides high quality direct and
indirect patient -centered care. - Coordinates patient care by
working collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team, patients
and families. - Communicates, as appropriate, the patient's
clinical condition, responding quickly and accurately to changes in
condition or response to treatment. - Demonstrates knowledge of the
principles of growth and development over the life span and the
skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patient
population served. - Promotes the profession of nursing and
professional practice through collegial support and interactions.
Reports to the Clinical Nurse Manager.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of Nursing and have
and maintain current a Registered Nurse license in the State of
- Must have certification in Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
upon hire. -
- Previous surgical or labor and delivery, specifically assisting
with C-sections, experience required. - -
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both
verbally and in writing and possess basic computer skills. -
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Disclaimer: Job descriptions are not intended, nor should they be
construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills,
efforts or working conditions associated with the job. - They are
intended to be accurate reflections of the principal duties and
responsibilities of this position. - These responsibilities and
competencies listed below may change from time to time.
- - - - - - - - - Job-Specific Competency
1. - - - - - Performs population-specific comprehensive assessments
and re-assessments of the patient's condition and care needs
including the psychosocial, physical, educational and cultural
2. - - - - - Utilizing assessment data, collaborates with surgical
team to define, implement and evaluate an individualized plan of
care for each surgical patient.
3. - - - - - Follows the five (5) medication rights and reduces the
potential for medication errors. Demonstrates knowledge of
medications and their correct administration based on age of the
patient and their clinical condition. Follows Surgical Services
policy for medication safety.
4. - - - - - Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment
that optimizes patient safety and promotes positive patient
outcomes; follows ECHN policy for Patient Identification, Surgical
& Invasive Procedures Site Identification, and Time-Out.
5. - - - - - Documents the nursing process and responses to care in
a timely manner utilizing the appropriate tools.
6. - - - - - Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and
function under stressful situations. - Utilizes critical thinking
skills and sound judgment in priority setting and delegation.
7. - - - - - Demonstrates autonomous practice, consistent with
evidence-based standards. - Pursues personal and professional
growth and development. - Serves as a professional role model and
8. - - - - - Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and
development over the lifespan and the skills necessary to provide
age-appropriate care to patients served. Able to interpret data
about the patient status in order to identify each patient's
age-specific needs and provide care needed by the patient
9. - - Provides an accurate and pertinent report of the patient's
condition for safe transfer of care.
- Prepares room in a timely manner with all anticipated
instruments, sutures, supplies, and equipment for each surgical
- Demonstrates knowledge of and assures maintenance of aseptic
technique throughout the surgical procedure; identifies and
communicates, to surgical team, any breaks in technique and assists
with corrective actions.
- -Effectively communicates with the surgeon in accounting for
all sponges, needles, and instruments; reports discrepancies
immediately to surgeon and Team Leader; appropriately documents all
- -Accurately records, handles, labels and processes
- Demonstrates ability to effectively function in the scrub
Keywords: Nurse.com, Columbia , Registered Nurse - $15,000 Sign-on Bonus, Healthcare , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!