Surgical Technician Full-time
Company: Surgery Partners
Posted on: May 28, 2023
JOB TITLE: Surgical Technologist
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Physician and/or Registered Nurse
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Surgical technologists, also called scrubs and surgical or
operating room technicians, assist in surgical operations under the
supervision of surgeons, registered nurses, or other surgical
personnel. Surgical technologists are members of operating room
teams, which most commonly include surgeons, anesthesiologists, and
- A graduate of an accredited surgical technologist program.
- Must be certified to perform CPR with 0-2 years of clinical
experience in a related field. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Prepares and maintains medical equipment for surgical
- Before an operation, surgical technologists helps prepare the
operating room by setting up surgical instruments and equipment,
sterile drapes, and sterile solutions.
- Follows facility regulations and industry procedures to tend to
patient during pre-operation procedures.
- Performs pre-operation preparations to the patient's skin, body
and medical equipment.
- Assembles both sterile and non-sterile equipment, as well as
adjust and check it to ensure it is working properly.
- Gets patients ready for surgery by washing, shaving, and
disinfecting incision sites.
- Transports patients to the operating room, helps position them
on the operating table, and cover them with sterile surgical
- Observes patients' vital signs, checks charts, and assist the
surgical team with putting on sterile gowns and gloves.
- Passes instruments and other sterile supplies to surgeons and
- Holds retractors, cut sutures, and help count sponges, needles,
supplies, and instruments. Helps prepare, care for, and dispose of
specimens taken for laboratory analysis and help apply
- Operates sterilizers, lights, or suction machines, and help
operate diagnostic equipment.
- After an operation, helps transfer patients to the recovery
room and clean and restock the operating room.
- Performs other duties as assigned. PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods and lift or turn
- Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office
- Ability to concentrate for periods of up to four hours
- Ability to communicate verbally both in person and on the
- Ability to use computer keyboard and to view a computer monitor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary
to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients in the
- Must demonstrate the knowledge of the principle of growth and
development of the life span and the posses the ability to assess
data reflective of the patient's requirements relative to his/her
age specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in
the center's policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills in the nursing
- Demonstrates the ability to utilize recognized channels of
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain good interpersonal
relationships with patients, co-workers, and other health team
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting and standing associated
with a normal office environment. Surgical technologists work in
clean, well-lighted, cool environments. Must stand for long periods
and remain alert during operations. At times may be exposed to
communicable diseases and unpleasant sights, odors, and
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for
meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills,
abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Keywords: Surgery Partners, Columbia , Surgical Technician Full-time, Healthcare , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...