Nurse Practitioner - Occupational Medicine Opportunity
Company: Prisma Health
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference. Nurse
Practitioner Occupational Medicine Opportunity Sumter, SC Prisma
Health, the largest not-for-profit healthcare provider in South
Carolina, seeks a Nurse Practitioner to provide Occupational
Medicine services in Sumter, SC. Details:
- Engages in the diagnosis and treatment of occupational related
injuries or illnesses derived from work environment.
- Recommends or prescribes treatments for the relief or cure of
physical or functional ailments or defects. Common knowledge of
musculoskeletal injuries needed.
- Referrals to supervising physician will be available when
injuries are outside of knowledge base and scope of practitioner.
Nurse practitioner coordinates and implements plan of care in
consultation with supervising physician for patients, when
- Collaborate with Employer Health Services team if requested to
provide episodic and chronic care, screening and education to
employees at onsite corporate locations, without direct physician
- Performs all charting, summaries, correspondence and assorted
administrative work that is required for purposes of documenting
care and billing in a timely manner.
- Participates in activities that would further the public's
image of the Prisma Health and increase market presence of
Occupational Health Services.
- Performs occupational health related physical examinations, and
screenings which may include, but are not limited to vital signs,
vision tests, hearing tests, drug and/or alcohol screening,
respiratory clearances and spirometry testing. Highlights:
- Competitive salary
- Paid relocation and malpractice with tail coverage
- Professional allowance
- Generous benefits including retirement, health, dental and
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness employer With nearly 30,000
team members, 18 hospitals, 2,984 beds and more than 300 physician
practice sites, Prisma Health serves more than 1.2 million unique
patients annually. Its goal is to improve the health of all South
Carolinians by enhancing clinical quality, the patient experience
and access to affordable care, as well as conducting clinical
research and training the next generation of medical professionals.
For more information, visit PrismaHealth.org. Sumter is a mid-sized
community and a very attractive place to raise a family due to its
affordable cost of living. It has a vital and growing downtown, an
active Chamber of Commerce, and a flourishing industrial base. The
city has preserved a small-town feeling with a number of tree lined
streets and beautiful parks. Prisma Health is an equal opportunity
employer which proudly values diversity. Candidates of all
backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Keywords: Prisma Health, Columbia , Nurse Practitioner - Occupational Medicine Opportunity, Healthcare , Sumter, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...