Environmental Laboratory Supervisor - Volatiles Department
Company: Pace Analytical Services, LLC
Location: West Columbia
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Environmental Laboratory Supervisor - Volatiles Department
SUMMARY: Responsible for providing or overseeing the analysis,
administration and oversight of lab, services, field or testing
policies, programs and practices; provides feedback and direction,
and guidance to employees and management, using professional and
technical knowledge of environmental, biological, chemical, and
related areas.QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. EDUCATION:Bachelor's
degree in chemistry, biology, or a closely related field; AND five
(5) years of lab, services, field or testing experience, including
experience with complex programs or operations; OR an equivalent
combination of education, training and experience.REQUIRED
- Environmental SV GCMS
- Supervise a team of 5 or more employees
- Two (2) or more years leading the administration and oversight
of an SV GCMS lab, services, field or testing programs, policies
- Complex to specialized principles, practices and techniques in
the lab, services, field or testing area.
- Complex to specialized methods to resolve lab, services, field
or testing problems, questions and concerns.
- Broad understanding of applicable lab, services, field or
testing laws, codes and regulations.
- Computer applications and systems related to the work.
- Principles and practices to serving as an effective project
- Methods to communicate with staff, coworkers, and customers to
ensure safe, effective and appropriate operations.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and
punctuation. REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Supervising and evaluating employees and providing related
- Training others in policies and procedures related to the
- Performing very complex to specialized professional-level lab,
services, field or testing duties in a variety of assigned
- Overseeing and administering broad and varied lab, services,
field or testing functions.
- Serving as a team member and the development and management of
- Operating in a both a team and individual contributor
- Interpreting, applying and explaining applicable laws, codes
- Preparing very complex to specialized functional reports,
correspondence and other written materials.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established
- Using tact, discretion and prudence in working with those
contacted in the course of the work.
- Performing effective oral presentations to large and small
groups across functional peers and the department.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work
unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
with a variety of individuals contacted in the course of the work.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: This class specification lists the major
duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive.
Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform job-related duties other
than those contained in this document and may be required to have
specific job-related knowledge and skills. 1. Supervises staff
including hiring, training, evaluating performance, providing
compensation recommendations, and performance management. 2.
Oversees and supervises broad areas of the operations, such
testing, scheduling, inventories, services, communication and
general coordination of the lab, services, and field. 3. Provides
research, feedback and decisions to resolve management and employee
questions and requirements; assists with receiving customer
feedback and coordinating resources and responses as required. 4.
Ensures the accuracy of tests and operational databases, reports,
and related details through audits, queries, and operational
reviews; works with teams to resolve discrepancies. 5. Overseeing
or reviewing, completing and processing broad degrees of tests,
forms, documents, databases, and related materials and information.
6. Provides analysis, interpretation and counsel to staff,
management, and functional leaders regarding lab, services, field
or testing policies, programs and practices; involves broad
operations and leading implementation and change. 7. Analyzes and
reviews operations, results, feedback and related lab, services,
field or testing information on an ongoing to as needed basis to
determine trends, draw conclusions, interpret findings, and
presents results, proposals and recommendations to management. 8.
Assists with developing or participating in department or
cross-functional project or program objectives, which includes
proposed budgets, timelines, materials, personnel, and other
project requirements, receives direction and presents information
to management. 9. Interprets and applies department policies and
procedures and assists with applicable laws, rules, and
regulations; receives guidance within these areas as needed. 10.
Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the department's
service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or
participating as an active member of a work team. 11. Promotes and
supports the overall mission of Pace Analytical by demonstrating
courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with customers
and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and
effective workplace environment. PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: The
physical demands described herein are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. Mobility to work in a lab, services, field and office
setting, use standard office and lab, services, field equipment and
stamina to sit for extended periods of time; exerting up to 20
pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force
frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects; vision to
read printed materials and computer screens; and hearing and speech
to communicate in person or over the telephone. WORKING
ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed in lab, services, field and office
settings. Work is subject to exposure to blood or bodily fluids,
chemicals, fumes, gasses, noxious odors and related items in a lab,
services, field and environmental setting.
Keywords: Pace Analytical Services, LLC, Columbia , Environmental Laboratory Supervisor - Volatiles Department, Healthcare , West Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...