Community Health Worker - Dental
Company: Advocates For A Healthy Community Inc.
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Community Health Worker - Dental
Full Time, 36 hours per week
We offer competitive salary, benefits (including medical, dental,
vision), retirement, PTO, and recognize 9 paid holidays.
If you are a compassionate professional who provides exceptional
quality care, Jordan Valley is for you! We are Missouri's largest
Federally Qualified Health Center founded in 2003 and we serve
75,000 patients each year. The mission of Jordan Valley is to
improve the health of our community by providing high-quality and
accessible medical, dental, and behavioral health services to
Southwest MO. We're collaborative and believe in always going above
and beyond as part of our commitment to deliver excellent care to
Community Health Workers (CHW) work throughout the service area to
facilitate health equity. CHWs build relationships with patients
who access the health center or those within the community who are
in need of services. Through that relationship the Community Health
Worker will serve as a liaison or link between patient and
resources to facilities access to care, improve quality and address
the effects of social determinants of health.
- Works directly with patients to identify needs and set
- Provides individual support to patients working toward
self-management of health conditions, primarily in a home or
- Provide referrals and follow-up on referrals.
- Works directly with a patient's treatment team and participates
in care coordination and/or case management.
- Connects patients with resources for basic needs.
- Works in a manner that builds individual and community
- Provides basic health screenings.
- Work in a community setting to identify individuals with
- Provides culturally appropriate health education and
information to advance patient's health literacy related to their
- Assists patients and community members in navigating health and
social service systems
- Follow up on appointments or instructions from the healthcare
team by making home visits, meeting the participant in a community
setting, and/or phone communication.
- Builds relationships and interacts professionally with local
community partnerships, health, and social service providers.
- Promotes effective working relations and work effectively as
part of a team to facilitate the Clinic's ability to meet its goals
- Attains all agreed to goals and objectives within specified
time frames, as part of the Clinic's overall mission.
- Responsibly follows the Clinic Exposure Control
Plans/Bloodborne and Airborne Pathogens.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all
patients, families, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a
professional, responsible and courteous environment.
Our benefits are designed to encourage a healthy work-life balance.
- 4-day Work Week
- Health (Both HSA and FSA options and access to our Telemedicine
- Free dental and life insurance, and long term disability.
Affordable rates for family dental and life insurance.
- 403b retirement match on the 1st of the month after 30
- Employee Assistance Program
- Day One PTO Accrual
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Valid Driver's License.
- COVID Vaccine required for all new employees.Preferred
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Trained in and/or experience in:
- Community health worker field
- Organizations and resources
- Lifestyle choices
- Cultural beliefs and health care
- Legal and ethical considerations
- Disease-specific modules (e.g. asthma/COPD, cardiovascular
diseases, developmental disabilities, diabetes, overweight/obesity,
- Conducting interviews
Keywords: Advocates For A Healthy Community Inc., Columbia , Community Health Worker - Dental, Healthcare , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!