Physician - Psychiatry
Company: Tandem Health
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Clinical Director of Behavioral Health is responsible for
providing clinical leadership, fostering superior quality patient
care, developing clinical strategic goals and direction, and
assisting with the recruitment and retention of Behavioral Health
Providers. - Delivers effective and efficient patient care during
required clinical time in compliance with established clinical
protocols.Leadership Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides clinical supervision, leadership and support to all
Behavioral Health Providers.
- Works collaboratively with the Chief Medical Officer in
monitoring the performance of the EMR system.
- Leads and maintains an effective quality improvement/quality
assurance program for Behavioral Health and, when required, assists
in moving to the next level (NCQA/PCMH).
- Assist the appropriate staff in the solicitation, development,
management and evaluation of any grants deemed necessary and useful
to the function of Tandem Health's Behavioral Health services.
Provides input for grant reports as necessary.
- Reviews and makes recommendations for content in individual
Practice Agreements for Advanced Practice Providers (i.e. Nurse
Practitioners and Physician Assistants).
- Monitors Provider office and phone call schedules, as well as
client appointments and staffing patterns to ensure services are
responsive and will ultimately provide optimal outcomes.
- Participates in educational events in the community and at
Tandem Health to increase awareness of health-related issues.
- Works with the Chief Clinical Officer to investigate and
resolve Behavioral Health patient grievances regarding clinical
quality of care.
- Fosters and supports linkages with appropriate specialists,
sub-specialists and related services.
- Demonstrates professional interactions with internal and
external customers and stakeholders.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with
individuals of various cultural, ethnic, and socioeconomic
- Participates in initiatives and concerns involving patient
safety, quality, infection control, risk management and patient
service, especially those related to Providers.
- Leads the Behavioral Health team's participation in Tandem
Health's Continuous Performance Improvement ("CPI") Plan and other
clinical quality activities for improving the quality of patient
care, including but not limited to overseeing the Behavioral Health
peer review process and compliance with clinical measures; makes
recommendations for continuing education opportunities and requests
for Behavioral Health Providers.
- Reports on progress of goals and other relevant data at the
Tandem Health Provider/CPI/Rx P&T Quarterly Meetings.
- Participates as a member of Tandem Health's Medical Privileging
- Works with Human Resources in the recruitment, selection, and
retention of highly qualified and skilled Physicians and Advanced
- Manages the orientation and training of Behavioral Health
- Provides coaching and performance feedback to Behavioral Health
Providers utilizing Tandem Health-approved performance feedback
tools and methods, ensuring completion of performance appraisals in
a timely fashion.Clinical Duties and Responsibilities: -
- Provides direct, clinically competent, medical care in an
ambulatory setting that includes examinations, evaluations,
diagnoses, treatment, follow-up, consultations, and health
education for patients within scope of expertise and in accordance
with the appropriate organizations.
- Prescribes and/or administers recommended therapies,
medications and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent
illness, disease, or injury, to include referring clients to
specialists and/or other medical providers, as
- Monitors the condition and progress of all Behavioral Health
and re-evaluates treatment plans as necessary and appropriate.
- Educates patients and their caregivers regarding health and
illness prevention as well as recommend resources to meet their
- Instructs patients and caregivers regarding medications and
- Adheres to established clinical protocols and procedures.
- Supervises or participates in patient emergencies as
- Participates in after-hours phone call rotation for Behavioral
- Performs all functions and responsibilities based upon Tandem
Health's policies and procedures; guidelines of applicable board
- Maintains complete medical records in the established
- Observes all infection control procedures.
- Follows established health center procedures for patient
billing and reimbursement.
- Participates in quality assurance and other committee
activities as assigned.
- Reports any discrepancies, irregularities, and/or violations
involving clinical care, administrative procedure, billing issues
or other protocols to the appropriate personnel.
- Maintains professional competence by completing appropriate
specialty requirements of CME.
- Maintains current certifications.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as
- Maintains the strictest confidentiality.
- Participates in professional development activities and
maintains professional affiliations.
- Successfully completes Tandem Health credentialing and
privileging upon hire, and re-privileging, as required.
- Fulfills HRSA and health center productivity standards.
- Participates in staff medical education programs and patient
health educational activities as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.Qualifications:
- Medical Doctor (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathic (D.O.) licensure
- in the state of South Carolina
- Successful completion of a residency training program in
- Current board certification or board-eligible with the American
Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN)
- Three (3) years of experience beyond residency preferred.
- Supervisory or leadership experience required.
- Current CPR certification required
- Eligible to participate with Medicare and Medicaid agencies and
other 3rd party insurers, including Medicaid Managed Care
organizationsExcellent work/life balance. - Comprehensive Benefits
Package includes: Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, CME allowance with
paid days off. Medical, Vision, Dental, Short and Long Term
Disability, and Life Insurance. Retirement plans to include -
401(k). Great Electronic Medical Record System. - PandoLogic.
Keywords: Psychiatrist, Location: Sumter, SC - 29150
Keywords: Tandem Health, Columbia , Physician - Psychiatry, Healthcare , Sumter, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!