Sterile Processing Tech - Sterile Processing Tech job in Columbia , MO
Company: Gifted Healthcare
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Sterile Processing Tech (SPD Tech) Travel Job
Sterile Processing Techs, or SPD Techs, are responsible for the
decontamination, cleaning, processing, and sterilization of
supplies and equipment. As an SPD Tech, your role will be to ensure
client satisfaction while also adhering to the highest quality and
compliance standards. You'll prepare surgical trays and supplies in
a safe and cost-effective manner using established policies and
procedures. Our preferred Sterile Processing Tech SPD Tech
candidate takes pride in maintaining a clean and organized facility
and works well as part of a team.
Sterile Processing Technician SPD Tech Responsibilities:
- Clean, decontaminate, and sterilize general and specialty
surgical instruments, power equipment, and endoscopes in accordance
with Manufacturer's Instructions For Use (MIFU).
- Sterile Processing Tech provides supplies as needed for
- Inspect, package, and reassemble surgical instruments and trays
according to established priority.
- SPD Tech manages quality control testing and monitors the
sterilization of equipment, maintaining the records, preparation,
and dispatch of surgical cases.
- Supply and Equipment Tech must practice High Level
Disinfection, Pre-Vacuum Sterilization, Gravity Displacement
Sterilization, and Hydrogen Peroxide Plasma Sterilization
techniques in accordance with MIFUs.
- Assure that the standards of operation of the department comply
with the standards set by regulatory agencies, such as the state
Department of Health, Joint Commission, and other regulatory
- SPD Tech dispenses products requested by verbal, written, or
telephone requisitions for equipment and supplies.
- Replace lost or damaged instruments as required to complete the
- Sterile Processing Tech obtains, completes, and submits all
forms to verify appropriate work assignments.
- Sterile Processing Tech must have knowledge of surgical
instrumentation and the ability to assemble surgical trays with a
Keywords: Gifted Healthcare, Columbia , Sterile Processing Tech - Sterile Processing Tech job in Columbia , MO, Healthcare , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!