RN Admissions Nurse
Company: Lexington Medical Center
Location: West Columbia
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Mon-Fri 8am-430pm rotate 11am-7pm Four (4) week days with rotating
Lexington Medical Center Extended Care is the largest extended care
facility in North and South Carolina. Our team of dedicated health
care professional care for residents in a facility full equipped to
meet their physical needs, including a state-of-the-art,
10,000-quare-foot rehabilitation center to provide physical,
occupational, speech and respiratory therapy for a variety of
conditions, illnesses and injuries. At LMC Extended Care, we
provide our residents with the utmost care and concern for their
comfort, safety and well-being. Also in 2019, LMC Extended Care was
the recipient of the South Carolina Spirit of Caring Award for
improvement in quality of life for the residents in our facility.
We invite you to be a part of our ongoing success and join our LMC
Extended Care family!
The primary purpose of your job position is to provide direct
nursing care to the residents, and to supervise the day-to-day
nursing activities performed by staff nurses and nursing assistants
on your assigned unit. Such supervision must be in accordance with
current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and
regulations that govern our facility, and as may be required by the
Director of Nursing to ensure that the highest degree of quality
care is maintained at all times. You will report directly to the
Nurse Manager of your unit.
- Education: Must be, as a minimum, a graduate of an approved
LPN/LVN program. For RN Admissions Nurses, a graduate of an
approved RN program.
- All licensed nurses shall possess a valid Healthcare Provider
cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certificate within six (6)
months of their first day on the job in the facility. CPR classes
are provided by LMC Extended Care Staff Development.
- Experience: Three (3) years of nursing experience and one (1)
year experience in a long term care facility required. Prefer to
have at least 6 months of employment at LMCEC.
- Direct the day-to-day functions of the nursing staff on
assigned unit in accordance with current rules, regulations, and
guidelines that govern the long-term care facility.
- Ensure that the Nursing Service Procedures Manual is followed
in rendering nursing care.
- Cooperate with other resident services when coordinating
nursing services to ensure that the resident's total regimen of
care is maintained.
- Ensure that all nursing service personnel are following their
respective job descriptions.
- Assist Nurse Manger in perform administrative duties such as
completing medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charting,
Bowel and Bladder, Infection Log, etc.
- Provides information to Ward Clerk to complete HCFAs.
- Assist the Nurse Manager in the development, maintenance and
implementation of the facility's quality improvement program for
the nursing service department.
- Periodically review the resident's written discharge plan.
Participate in the updating of the resident's written discharge
plan as required.
- Assist in planning the nursing services portion of the
resident's discharge plan as necessary.
- Participate in surveys (inspections) made by authorized
- Make written and oral reports/recommendations concerning the
activities of your shift as required.
- Admit, transfer, and discharge residents as required.
- Complete accident/incident reports as necessary.
- Ensure the timely completion of shift reports.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Inform nursing personnel of new admissions, their expected time
of arrival, room assignments, etc.
- Ensure that rooms are ready for new admissions.
- Assure newly admitted residents are greeted upon admission and
escorted to room.
- Admissions Nurse on Medicare Units shall be responsible for all
admissions during course of work assignment.
- Keep Supervisor informed of resident concerns. Supervisor will
routinely make rounds with physicians. Make rounds with physicians
as requested and in the Supervisors absence.
- Implement and maintain established nursing objectives and
- Cooperate with and coordinate rehabilitative, social and
activity programs with nursing service schedules.
- Make independent decisions concerning nursing care.
- Notify the resident's attending physician and family when the
resident is involved in an accident, incident, has a significant
change or change in status.
- Make periodic checks to assure that prescribed treatments are
being properly administered by nursing assistants and to evaluate
the resident's physical and emotional status.
- Administer professional services such as catheterization, tube
Keywords: Lexington Medical Center, Columbia , RN Admissions Nurse, Healthcare , West Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!