Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Company: MEDIKO INC
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Position: Licensed Practical Nursed (LPN)Location: SUMTER-LEE
REGIONAL DETENTION CENTER, SUMTER, SCShift: FT, PMPay Rate:
$26/HRLooking for a stable, permanent home to grow and develop your
career? Join MEDIKO and build a fulfilling, meaningful career in
correctional healthcare! We are seeking compassionate nurses who
are mission-driven with aligned values eager to make a
difference!We are looking for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to
join a diverse team who bring knowledge and skills from a variety
of backgrounds. Our LPN's have autonomy when caring for patients
and use strong assessment skills to quickly identify risk factors
and provide quality patient care in a correctional setting.What
You'll Do:Our Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) support and assist
with patient care for the residents in the facility.
- Works closely with the center's physician in providing proper
medical care for those confined.
- Schedules dental and medical appointments per physician's
- Provides emergency medical assistance.
- Conducts medical history interviews and prepares medical
history and physical reports.
- Assists the center's physician in conducting sick call.
- Administers medicine dosage and treatment per physician's
- Maintains control of all medications and drugs on hand in
accordance with policies and procedures.
- Assures that policies and procedures regarding the Medical
Department are followed.
- Completes reports and medical forms.
- Assures that the medical office is clean and properly
- Assures that all medications and supplies are promptly
- Any other duties assigned by higher authority.What We Require:
- Completion of an accredited nursing program - LPN
- Active state/commonwealth LPN license
- Current CPR/BLS certification
- Criminal background check, Security Clearance and Drug
What We Offer: (benefits vary based on FT, PT, or PRN status)
- Benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Vision
insurance for you and your family
- Employer-paid Life insurance policy/AD&D, long-term
disability and short-term disability
- Tuition Reimbursement Assistance Plan
- CEUs paid for by MEDIKO
- Generous paid time off including 10 Holidays
- Participation in the MEDIKO retirement plan
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Employee Assistance ProgramPlease visit our website at
www.mediko.com to learn more about opportunities at MEDIKO!EOE
STATEMENT: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.#SPEC
Keywords: MEDIKO INC, Columbia , Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Healthcare , Sumter, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!