Registered Nurse, RN
Company: American Red Cross
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Job Description: If you're looking for an opportunity that makes
you feel appreciated every day, we invite you to join us.?We are
currently seeking an enthusiastic Registered Nurse for our Clinical
Services Nurse Specialist. In this position you will
perform?clinical apheresis procedures. These procedures may
include, but are not limited to, plasma exchanges, red cell
exchanges, platelet and white cell reductions, photopheresis and
hematopoietic progenitor cell collections. Also, you will assess
patient status relative to therapeutic apheresis, prior and during
procedures, utilizing nursing process. Under the direction of the
Medical Director and Apheresis Supervisor/Manager has the
responsibility to perform clinical apheresis procedures. These
procedures may include, but are not limited to, plasma exchanges,
red cell exchanges, platelet and white cell reductions,
photopheresis and hematopoietic progenitor cell collections.
Demonstrate excellence in customer service and public relations to
promote a positive professional image of the American Red Cross
Biomedical Services. Works independently with attention to detail
and possesses the necessary knowledge of all aspects of daily
operations. Perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance
with standard operating procedures, Safety Quality Identity Potency
Purity (SQUIPP), regulations outlined in the Code of Federal
Regulations (CFR), Occupational Safety and Health Administration
(OSHA), Clinical Laboratory Information Act (CLIA), and other
applicable Federal, state and local regulations.
- Perform all phases of therapeutic apheresis procedures,
ensuring safe and appropriate care of patient.
- Assess patient status relative to therapeutic apheresis, prior
and during procedures, utilizing nursing process.
- Patient assessment to include laboratory testing results and
other clinically significant procedures.
- Coordinate closely with physicians and nurses at a variety of
hospitals to arrange therapeutic apheresis treatments and
facilitate coordinated care.
- Evaluate patient medication for compatibility and safety of
apheresis procedure and determine when to contact the
- Demonstrate knowledge and compliance with all ARC departmental
and organizational standard operating procedures, policies,
practices and regulations.
- Explain, as needed, clinical apheresis procedures to patients
and their family and other attending healthcare professionals.
- Represent the American Red Cross to the community and internal
customers by establishing and promoting a positive organizational
and professional image.
- Complete necessary training and demonstrate competency to
perform each job function.
- Assemble, restock, QC and maintain supplies and equipment in a
state of readiness to maintain a clean, safe and efficient work
- If appropriate, operate American Red Cross vehicles in
compliance with all applicable regulations. The above statements
are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities and duties required of staff so classified.
- Registered Nurse with current state licensure as required.
- A minimum of one year experience in medical/surgical or
critical care nursing is required.
- Current CPR certification. Good vein selection and venipuncture
skills are essential and required.
- Good verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively
discuss procedures and medical issues with patients, families, and
- Previous apheresis or dialysis experience is preferred.
- Customer service experience, effective verbal communication and
public relation skills are preferred.
- A current valid driver's license and good driving record are
required. Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the
opportunity to make a difference every day. The American Red Cross
is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any
other characteristic protected by law. The American Red Cross is a
diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional
development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary,
comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit
Keywords: American Red Cross, Columbia , Registered Nurse, RN, Healthcare , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!