Registered Nurse (RN) - ICU 5464
Company: Providence Health
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Providence HealthFounded as Providence Hospitals in 1938 by
theSisters of Charity of St. Augustine, Providence's two free
standingfull-service hospitals and numerous satellite practices
maintain a truedevotion to advanced clinical expertise and
unmatched compassion. On February2, 2016, Providence became part of
the LifePoint Health network, and shortlythereafter, changed its
name to Providence Health to better represent the fullcomplement of
its services. Driven by quality,compassion, and Christ, Providence
treats the whole person-body, mind, and spirit.Providence Health is
looking for an experienced ICU RN to join our team at theDowntown
Campus. This is a day shift position. Nurses in the ICU should have
aminimum of one year of critical care experience. For more
information about the physicians and servicesprovided by Providence
Health, click here. EssentialFunctions
- Assesses patient's status within identified functional
healthpatterns, ie management of health, growth and development,
- Assesses family status as it impacts the patient
- Identifies, based on assessment data, appropriate nursing
diagnosisor collaborative problems which can be addressed through
nursing interventions.Makes nursing judgments based on
- Identifies learning needs through assessment of
patientknowledge. Plans and coordinates teaching methods and
content to achievedesired outcomes.
- Plans care collaboratively with family/patient, physiciansand
other health care team members. Prioritizes and delegates to health
- Initiates an individualized nursing care plan and
evaluatesvariances to expected course
- Interprets clinical findings and correlates with
patient'scondition. Identifies patient/family responses to
treatment and continuallyevaluates effectiveness of care.
- Revises the care plan based on evaluation of effectiveness
- Coordinates and assures completion of care as ordered
byphysicians and as planned in the nursing care plan.
- Assumes responsibility/accountability for the plan of care
- Consults with physicians regularly regarding patientprogress.
Collaborates with the medical staff regarding appropriateness
ofdaily and routine orders based on change in the patient's
- Facilitates the smooth transition of care when a patient
istransferred to another unit/facility
- Is knowledgeable of patient's status during entire length
ofstay on the patient care unit/or service line.
- Demonstrates responsibility for achievement of
- Demonstrates competence to provide developmentallyappropriate
care/treatment for the patient populations admitted to the
patientcare unit/service line.
- Demonstrates clinical skills necessary to support and
assistattending and consulting physicians
- Demonstrates knowledge of events, activities and changes
inpolicies and procedures affecting practice
- Ensures that care is delivered to assigned patients
inaccordance with medical orders and nursing standards and is
documented inclinical records and on plans of care.
Job Requirements:Minimum EducationGraduate of an accredited school
of nursing. Maintains a current licensure by the South Carolina
StateBoard of Nursing, or must have verification of application.
New graduates must have a temporary permit in his/her possessionand
be scheduled to write the South Carolina State Board Exam at the
earliestoffered.Required Licenses[South Carolina, United States]
Registered Nurses Current SC RN license in good standing required.
BLS & ACLS certification required.LocationProvidence Health
Downtown LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal
Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and
complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination
against any employee or applicant for employment because of color,
race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic
information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status
or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local
Keywords: Providence Health, Columbia , Registered Nurse (RN) - ICU 5464, Healthcare , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!