Physician / Family Practice / South Carolina / Permanent / Physician A
Company: Kurz Solutions
Posted on: January 12, 2021
PA - Physician Assistant - Primary Care
Traditionally Southern with a Modern Twist...
The Community - Columbia, SC
Whether it's a touch of nostalgia for the past that tugs on your
sleeves, an artistic drive to experience some culture, the need for
a little greenery, or the call of personal adventure, hundreds of
experiences await you in Columbia. Living in Columbia, South
Carolina is to experience a city convenient to mountains and
beaches, where weather is always a pleasure and something is always
in bloom. This is a city and a region that's just now being
discovered for its attractive, active lifestyle, affordable cost of
living and its pleasant and welcoming spirit.
Fort Jackson is the largest and most active Initial Entry training
Center in the U.S. Army, training 34 percent of all Soldiers and 69
percent of the women entering the Army each year. Providing the
Army with trained, disciplined, motivated and physically fit
warriors who espouse the Army's core values and are focused on
teamwork is the post's primary mission. That means training in
excess of 45,000 basic training and advanced individual training
Soldiers every year.
OVERVIEW (duties include but are not limited)
We are seeking a Primary Care Physician Assistant for direct
employment at Fort Jackson for a 6 month term with the option to
- Serves as a Physician Assistant for the department of primary
- The provider exercises independent judgment in the medical
treatment and management of pediatric through geriatric patients
with the full range of conditions encountered in primary care.
- Responsible for a panel of patients as assigned as well as
other patients as required in the Integrated Health Medical
- Templated for up to 19x patients per day in addition to virtual
- Obtains history for diagnostic treatment and referral services
for patients, carrying out appropriate physical examination,
obtaining indicated laboratory and radiology tests and assessing
severity of illness.
- Provides consultation services for surgical patients as needed.
Daily work involves management of medical problems such as
congestive heart failure, heart disease, hypertension, peptic
ulcer, thyroid disorders, diabetes, arthritic conditions, etc.
- Takes histories, performs physical examinations, orders
laboratory tests and diagnostic studies, makes definitive
diagnoses, prescribes treatment to meet needs of patients, and
refers as appropriate for specialty care.
- Examines and treats active duty personnel.
- Notifies patients of abnormal reports.
- Obtains consultation, provides referral, both within the
department and with other medical elements within MAHC and
community partners, when required by the patient's condition with
other staff internists, clinicians, technologists, and nurses, as
- Provides full formal counseling with patients, thoroughly
documenting all aspects of the encounter in the Medical Treatment
Record (AHLTA). Provides follow up as indicated.
- Contacts patients and referring physician to provide results of
studies and tests.
- Reads electrocardiograms and pulmonary function tests for
- Performs physical examinations as required.
- Use automated systems to document patient care and place
- Conducts communication with patients as needed and as
appropriate through Secure Messaging and by telephone consult.
- Documents all patient care interactions within quality and
- Graduation from a physician assistant educational program,
accredited by the Accreditation Review Committee on Education for
the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or its predecessors, at a college,
university, or educational institution that is accredited by an
accrediting body or organization recognized by the Secretary, U.S.
Department of Education.
- Successful completion of the National Commission on
Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) examination; must
maintain status as a certified physician assistant, including
completion of all requirements for continuing medical education
(CME) and re-certification.
- Must be board certified or board eligible in the specialty of
- Must have and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS),
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certifications as approved by
the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Must have a minimum of one full year of work experience as a
certified physician assistant equivalent and completion of an
accredited physician assistant educational program is
- Possess a valid unrestricted Physician Assistant License in at
least one state, territory or commonwealth of the United
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by
providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in
Keywords: Kurz Solutions, Columbia , Physician / Family Practice / South Carolina / Permanent / Physician A, Healthcare , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!