Nursing Technician II - OR - FT/AM
Company: Lexington Medical Center
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Operating RoomFull TimeRegularAM/PM Shift0645-1515Rated as one
of the Top 25 Best Hospitals to Work for in the U.S., the heart of
LMC is our 508-bed modern state-of-the-art facility. Winning the
prestigious, "Summit Award" from Press Ganey for outstanding
patient satisfaction, "Consumer Choice Award" from the National
Research Corporation, all contributing to our reputation for giving
our patients the highest quality care. Lexington Medical Center was
voted one of South Carolina's "Best Places to Work" for 2019!We are
located in heart of the Midlands, right outside of Columbia, SC,
and one of the most successful integrated healthcare systems in the
Southeast. As the third largest employer in the Midlands, we invite
you to be a part of our ongoing success and join our LMC Family.Job
SummaryMember of the nursing care team. Provides direct patient
care under the direction of a licensed nurse. Provides patient
support as directed for a variety of activities including (but not
limited to): nutrition services, transport, daily hygiene,
mobility, and data collection.Minimum Qualifications
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum Years of Experience: 1 Year of experience as a nurse
- Substitutable Education & Experience: 1 Year of experience can
be substituted for Certification as a Nursing Assistant or
successful completion of fundamentals of nursing course
- Required Certifications/Licensure: BLS required within the
first 90 days of hire
- Required Training: NoneEssential Functions
- PATIENT CARE & SUPPORT
- Participates in interventions related to the patient plan of
- Reports to nurse changes in patient condition and observations
relevant to patients needs.
- Provides safety measures in accordance with unit
- Recognizes need for safety measures and takes appropriate
action to prevent injury.
- Demonstrates ability to provide a comfortable environment of
care in accordance with unit standards:
- Prepares rooms and/or equipment for expected admissions.
- Assists with admission procedures and orients patient to
- Provides assistance with all activities of daily living for
- Changes linen and makes bed, organizes the patient's
environment, and performs other personalized services within
- Prepares patient for discharge/transfer by obtaining necessary
equipment and gathering belongings.
- CLINICAL WORK QUALITY
- Shares knowledge/expertise with co-workers and promotes a
positive working environment.
- Accepts work assignments readily.
- Abides by LMC's Code of Conduct.
- Demonstrates knowledge of area and organizational activities by
attending or reading minutes of staff meetings, and other
- Is able to verbalize and/or demonstrate knowledge of the PI
process OR is aware of unit performance improvement
- Supports and participates actively in change
processes/performance improvement activities by willingly adopting
- Functions as a role model for students and staff and displays
positive problem solving behavior.
- Demonstrates timely communication of patient events/issues to
- RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Uses time and supplies/equipment in an efficient and effective
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive
maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions;
troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining
equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and
- Demonstrates ability to coordinate tasks.
- Demonstrates effective teamwork skills and maintains a
cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating
information; responding to requests; building rapport;
participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Completes assigned tasks within specified time frame.Duties &
- RESOURCE MANAGEMENT (continued)
- Prioritizes workload to best meet both patient and unit
- Restocks rooms with supplies needed for patient care.
- Assists in performing and documenting environmental checks as
required by LMC policy and regulatory agencies.
- Promptly responds to all communication devices in order to meet
- CLERICAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enters pertinent information into the electronic medical
- Performs chart maintenance by:
- Verifies that all information in the patient chart is correctly
labeled and filed and initiates appropriate action when necessary
(patient label, face sheets, etc.).
- Assembles, checks and routes patient files in cases of surgery,
transfer (to include new ID bracelet), discharge or death according
- Schedules physician appointments, call physician consults,
requests copies of the medical record (when indicated) and arranges
transportation for patients as requested.
- Demonstrates knowledge and effective use of medical
- Maintains established stock levels of clerical supplies.
- Restocks and /or orders supplies.
- Removes outdated forms or supplies from unit, organizes
clerical supplies and makes up new charts.
- Credits supplies and equipment to appropriate department.
- Orders specialty items (from in-house as well as outside
vendors) for patients.
- Promptly follows appropriate procedure for returning specialty
equipment from outside vendors.
- PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains required certifications.
- Completes yearly safety training and other mandatory
- Meets or exceeds all LMC requirements for attendance and
- Complies with all annual employee health requirements.
- Perofrms all other duties as assigned.We are committed to
offering quality, cost-effective benefits choices for our employees
and their families:
- Day ONE medical, dental and life insurance benefits
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Eligible employees may also enroll in LMC's retirement plans on
their date of hire, including the South Carolina State Retirement
- Supplemental 401(k)
- 457(b) retirement plans
- Free life insurance - equal to 1x salary
- Adoption assistance
- 401(K) Match - LMC matches dollar for dollar up to 6%
- LMC provides its full-time employees short-term disability and
long-term disability coverage after 90 days of eligible
- 529 College Savings
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan forgivenessEqual Opportunity EmployerIt is the
policy of LMC to provide equal opportunity of employment for all
individuals, and to remain compliant with applicable state and
federal laws and regulations. LMC strives to provide a
discrimination-free environment, and to recruit, select, on-board,
and employ all employees without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or
pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including but
not limited to, lactation. LMC endeavors to upgrade and promote
employees from within the hospital where possible and consistent
with the employee's desires and abilities and the hospital's
Keywords: Lexington Medical Center, Columbia , Nursing Technician II - OR - FT/AM, Healthcare , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!