LPN- LMC Extended Care (3:00pm-11:00pm)
Company: Lexington Medical Center
Posted on: January 9, 2021
LMC CareersFull TimePM/N Shift2nd Shift: 3pm-11pm Four (4) week
days with rotating weekendsLexington Medical Center Extended Care
is the largest extended care facility in North and South Carolina.
Our team of dedicated health care professional care for residents
in a facility full equipped to meet their physical needs, including
a state-of-the-art, 10,000-quare-foot rehabilitation center to
provide physical, occupational, speech and respiratory therapy for
a variety of conditions, illnesses and injuries. At LMC Extended
Care, we provide our residents with the utmost care and concern for
their comfort, safety and well-being. Also in 2019, LMC Extended
Care was the recipient of the South Carolina Spirit of Caring Award
for improvement in quality of life for the residents in our
facility. We invite you to be a part of our ongoing success and
join our LMC Extended Care family!Job SummaryResponsible for
providing nursing care to patients in a professional and courteous
manner. Performs a wide variety of patient care activities and
accommodative services for patients under the direction of the
manager/provider.Minimum QualificationsMinimum Education: High
School Diploma or EquivalentMinimum Years of Experience:
NoneSubstitutable Education & Experience: NoneRequired
Certifications/Licensure: Current South Carolina license as a
Licensed Practical Nurse; Basic first aid knowledge and current CPR
certificationRequired Training: NoneEssential Functions
- Direct the day-to-day functions of the nursing assistants in
accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that
govern the long-term care facility.
- Ensure that the written policies and procedures that govern the
day-to-day functions of the nursing service department are followed
by all nursing personnel assigned to you.
- Ensure that the Nursing Service Procedures Manual is followed
in rendering nursing care.
- Cooperate with other resident services when coordinating
nursing services to ensure that the resident's total regimen of
care is maintained.
- Ensure that all nursing service personnel are following their
respective job descriptions.
- Perform administrative duties such as completing medical forms,
reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc., as necessary.
- Participate in the development, maintenance and implementation
of the facility's quality assurance program for the nursing service
- Periodically review the resident's written discharge plan.
Participate in the updating of the resident's written discharge
plan as required.
- Assist in planning the nursing services portion of the
resident's discharge plan as necessary.
- Participate in surveys (inspections) made by authorized
- Make written and oral reports/recommendations concerning the
activities of your shift as required.
- Periodically review the department's policies and procedures to
personnel, residents, visitors, and government agencies as
- Admit, transfer, and discharge residents as required.Duties and
- Inform nursing personnel of new admissions, their expected time
of arrival, room assignments, etc.
- Ensure that rooms are ready for new admissions.
- Greet newly admitted residents upon admission. Escort to room
- Make rounds with physicians as necessary.
- Implement and maintain established nursing objectives and
- Cooperate with and coordinate social and activity programs with
nursing service schedules.
- Make independent decisions concerning nursing care.
- Notify the resident's attending physician when the resident is
involved in an accident or incident.
- Make periodic checks to assure that prescribed treatments are
being properly administered by nursing assistants and to evaluate
the resident's physical and emotional status.
- Administer professional services such as catherization, tube
feedings, suction, applying and changing dressing/bandages, packs,
colostomy and drainage bags, taking blood, giving massages and
range of motion exercises, care of the dead/dying, etc., as
- Participate in the orientation of new residents/family members
to the facility.
- Requisition and arrange for diagnostic and therapeutic
services, as ordered by the physician, and in accordance with our
- Meet with residents, and/or family members, as necessary.
Report problem areas to the Charge Nurse.
- Admit, transfer and discharge residents as necessary.
- Assist in arranging transportation for discharged residents as
- Ensure that discharged residents are escorted to the pick-up
- Review the resident's chart for specific treatments, medication
orders, diets, etc., as necessary.
- Carry out restorative and rehabilitative programs, to include
self-help and care.
- Check foods brought into the facility by the resident's
family/visitors to assure that it is within the resident's dietary
allowances. Report problem areas to the Charge Nurse or Dietary
- Inspect the nursing service treatment areas daily to ensure
that they are maintained in a clean and safe manner.
- Consult with the resident's physician and next-of-kin when
there is a change in the resident's condition.
- Work with the facility's consultants and implement those
changes authorized by the Charge Nurse.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Day ONE medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Free life insurance - equal to 1x salary
- 401K Match - LMC Extended Care matches dollar for dollar up to
- Offer 401K Roth, 457(b), 475(b) Roth
- Tuition reimbursement
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- LMC Extended Care provides its full-time employees with free
short-term disability and long-term disability coverage after
90-days of eligible employment
- Employee Assistant Program (EAP)
- LMC Extended Care offer Health Screening (PATH) with
comprehensive labs for Employees and Spouse
- Student Loan Forgiveness
Keywords: Lexington Medical Center, Columbia , LPN- LMC Extended Care (3:00pm-11:00pm), Healthcare , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!