RN Clinical Lead GHC
Company: Greater Baltimore Medical Center
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Under general supervision, serves as the lead RN to the clinical
team; home care and inpatient, on his/her shift. Serves as liaison
between both patient settings and the corresponding
staff.EducationBachelor's degree preferredExperienceAt least 2-3
years of Hospice experience preferred, including at least 2 years
of pediatric inpatient/acute care experience preferred or Pediatric
- A high level of analytical abilities required in order to
organize and assist in overseeing the Gilchrist Kids inpatient unit
and home care team activities, implement effective nursing care,
and develop solutions to difficult unit administration and patient
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective planning and organization skills in order to
effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills in order to identify and develop
solutions to administrative, operational, and patient care
- Effective skills in use of computer programs.
- Advanced skill in organizing assignments and activities of
others for the overall benefit and smooth operation of the
- Demonstrated skill in managing patient service issues and
- Skill in allocating nursing and support resources to provide
smooth and efficient, high quality care to patients assigned to
- Able to delegate assignments and provide direction to nursing
- Comfortable with working with a high level of
- Current registration with the Maryland State Board of Examiners
of Nurses as a registered nurse.
- CHPN or CHPPN Certification or hospice certification within 2
- Ability to stand and walk almost constantly up to ninety (90)
percent of work time and lifting and positioning patients up to
fifty (50) percent of work time.
- Ability to concentrate and give attention to detail in
resolving unit operational problems, performing professional
nursing care and dealing with patients and families during
stressful situations.Working Conditions
- Normal patient care environment with possible exposure to
excessive noise, dust, temperature.
- Exposed to adverse working conditions due to performance of
patient care activities and exposure to communicable diseases.
- Some exposure to communicable disease and hazardous
chemicals.Conditions of Employment
- Maintain licensure and certification.Standard
PrecautionsStandard precaution policy and procedures are applicable
to this jobPatient SafetyEmployee has knowledge and understanding
of patient safety as it relates to the job duties N/APatient
PopulationDemonstrates competency in the delivery of care and
applies the knowledge to meet age-specific needs:Neonate /
InfantPediatricAdolescentMust Model Values: Respect, Excellence,
Accountability, Teamwork, Ethical Behavior, ResultsPRINCIPAL DUTIES
& RESPONSIBILITIESHuman Resource Functions
- Communicates any job performance issues to the Clinical Manager
or Associate Clinical Director.
- Assists the manager in fostering a positive work environment as
evidenced by staff morale, turnover rates and/or vacancy
- Participates in recruitment and retention activities.
- Holds self and staff accountable for unit
- Facilitates a learning environment for all staff assigned to
shift; assists and guides staff in performing their direct care
- Acts as shift resource for policies, protocols and
- Collaborates with Clinical Manager to implement changes to
clinical protocols, policies and procedures.
- Effectively initiate and implement policies relevant to
pediatric nursing care. Educate and/or refresh staff on new
processes and clinical skills.
- Provides direct patient care to patients as
- Performs/meets the RN Job Description Standards with additional
expectations as a RN Clinical Lead.
- Uses problem-solving and critical thinking skills to resolve
basic clinical and operational unit issues.
- Participates in maintaining safe, adequate shift staffing
levels that meet staffing ratios.
- Coordinates patient flow such as admissions and discharges in a
timely manner on assigned shift.
- Ensures smooth transition to next shift by reporting patient
care issues, bed status, equipment, supplies, and staffing concerns
and items requiring follow up to the next shift.
- Ensures that assigned shift staff have adequate tools and
resources, such as clean rooms, meals for patients, medications,
supplies, and ancillary support services in order to provide high
quality patient care.
- Anticipates patient care needs by updating assignments and
ensuring appropriate resources as acuity and census require.
- Plans for staff breaks and lunches.
- Assists the manager in improving and maintaining compliance
with regulatory requirements such as CAHAPS.
- Participates in environmental rounds as assigned.
- Work alongside of HIM specialist and corresponding home care
RN/SW/MD to organize and manage respite requests and
- Ensures follow up and service recovery as needed.
- Assists the manager in improving and maintaining patient
satisfaction as measured by patient satisfaction survey.
- Ensures patient and family concerns are addressed timely and
that appropriate services/resources are accessed to address issues
and concerns.Communication and Coordination
- Ensures that physicians and management are kept up-to-date
regarding patient, unit, case management and bed status
- Ensures that unit receptionist and Program Assistants are
informed of changes in nursing assignments and patient room
- Escalates complex issues both nursing and physician through the
appropriate chain of command.
- Communicates as necessary with other departments to coordinate
efforts, resolve operational issues and improve the quality of
- Assumes other duties as assigned.GBMC HealthCare and its
affiliates are Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical
disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other
status protected by federal, state, or local law.ApplyShare
Keywords: Greater Baltimore Medical Center, Columbia , RN Clinical Lead GHC, Healthcare , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!