Correctional Medicine Psychiatrist Needed in Columbia, SC
Posted on: October 17, 2020
Correctional Medicine opening in Columbia, South Carolina. This
and other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com Here at
Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people -
our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to
making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"Our Psychiatrist assumes responsibility
for the admission, continuing care, and discharge of patients;
provides leadership to the multi-disciplinary treatment team; and
participates in performance improvement and other
activities.Education for Psychiatrist:
- Must have a Medical Degree from an accredited
university.Experience for Psychiatrist:
- At least two (2) years' experience in treating severely
mentally ill patients highly preferred.Licenses/Certifications for
- Must be board certified or eligible in psychiatry.
- Must have and maintain a license in South Carolina in
- Must be able to pass and maintain clearance for a Public Trust
Position, if working with specific patients.
- Conducts admission and evaluation including a comprehensive
psychiatric evaluation, mental status examination, assessment for
movement disorders, and formulation of the patients' capacity to
- Initiates treatment with psychotropic medicines and other
available modalities in accordance with facility policy.
- Follows up and monitors tests and consultations, provides
education and diagnosis to the patients and when applicable, their
families. Documents ongoing care and discharge readiness.
- Conducts daily rounds on the unit.
- Completes a summary of hospitalization including a mental
status exam before the one-year anniversary of the patient's
admission. Completes all discharge summaries within 30 days of
- Documents completely all services provided in the patient's
medical record. Properly documents on patients charts as required
by 95-6 or applicable State Standards, Joint Commission and other
regulations. Insures quality and legibility of his/her written
orders and progress notes.
- Supervises the overall Psychiatric care received by the
patients, reviews and oversees the treatment plan, leadership on
the multi-disciplinary team, supervision of appropriate staff and
students, and clinical oversight of unit activities.
- Takes appropriate steps to insure early detection of patients'
competency and readiness for discharge. Provides timely and
complete reports to the court. Effectively prescribes and monitors
psychotropic medications aimed at reducing psychiatric symptoms,
restoration of competence and community discharge.
- Participates in at least 90% of the department's meetings
unless excused by his/her supervisor. Participates in assigned
additional workgroups. Participates in assigned committees.
- Demonstrates understanding of, and complies with special
precautions, disaster and fire safety procedures, assists with
finding alternatives to seclusion and restraint, knowledge of abuse
- Is sensitive to cultural diversity issues, treats patients as
individuals, and considers the culture of the patients when
providing care and treatment.
- Is knowledgeable about care and treatment needs of patients of
different ages. Provides individualized care and treatment that is
consistent with/sensitive to the age and life span developmental
needs of each patient.
- Continues professional development through in-service
education, workshops, conferences and self-study necessary to
maintain current knowledge applicable to the position.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Perform other duties as assigned.Wellpath is an
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer Keyphrases:
correctional medical services jobs, correctional medicine jobs,
correctional health services jobs, prison health services jobs
Keywords: Wellpath, Columbia , Correctional Medicine Psychiatrist Needed in Columbia, SC, Healthcare , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!