Correctional Medicine Behavioral Health Specialist Needed in Columbia, SC
Posted on: October 17, 2020
Correctional Medicine opening in Columbia, South Carolina. This
and other clinical nurse specialist jobs brought to you by
NursingJobCafe.com Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about
taking care of people - our patients, our staff and our partners.
We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and
healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical
environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an
autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education,
training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is
meant to be and strives to "Always Do The Right Thing!"Our Mental
Health Technician provides clinical services under the direction of
the Mental Health Coordinator, Clinical Supervisor, or Mental
Health Director to clients and is functioning under the clinical
supervision of an approved supervisor while working toward
professional licensure. Provide mental health consultation and
training to facility staff.Education for Mental Health
- High School Diploma or GED required. Experience for Mental
- All Florida sites require one (1) or more years direct care
experience in a mental health setting and/or a certificate in a
mental health program preferred
- Experience may be desired at sites in all other states.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend medical terminology, to work
as a team member, and relate in an intelligent manner to persons
served, staff and visitors.Licenses/Certifications for Mental
- CPR training required.
- The Joint Commisson (TJC) knowledge and experience
- CPR Certification required prior to providing direct care.
- Assists licensed nursing personnel in providing direct services
to assigned population including health data collection;
observations of behaviors and activities of daily living;
assistance with activities of daily living including prompting,
education and support; specific assignments such as face checks,
hall monitoring, one to one's, overall supervision of patients,
groups and other direct care duties as assigned; knowledgeable
about psychotropic meds.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge regarding therapeutic
communication and role recovery psychiatric rehabilitation skills.
Understands the organization's recovery based Patients mission,
vision and values and how these guide practice.
- Continues professional development through inservice education,
workshops, conferences and self-study necessary to maintain current
knowledge applicable to the position. Compliance in all mandatory
Human Resources requirements.
- Is sensitive to cultural diversity issues, treats patients as
an individual, and considers the culture of the patients when
providing care and treatment.
- Is knowledgeable about care and treatment needs of patients of
different ages. Provides individualized care and treatment that is
consistent with/sensitive to the age and life span developmental
needs of each patients.
- Adheres to The Company Code of Conduct Standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Wellpath is an
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer Keyphrases:
correctional medical services jobs, correctional medicine jobs,
correctional health services jobs, prison health services jobs
Keywords: WellPath, Columbia , Correctional Medicine Behavioral Health Specialist Needed in Columbia, SC, Healthcare , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!