Correctional Medicine Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Needed in Colum
Posted on: September 12, 2020
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!" Our Mental Health Nurse Practitioner,
under the supervision of the Chief Psychiatrist in accordance with
established The Company policy and procedure as well as within the
state guidelines, provides psychiatric consultation, diagnostic,
and treatment services, including medication management and crisis
intervention, to the patient population.Education:
- Master's degree in nursing.Experience:
- Must have at least five(5) years of experience in treating
mentally ill patients, preferably in an inpatient setting.
- Recent experience working in an independent clinical
- Must be able to pass and maintain clearance for a Public Trust
Position, if working with specific patients.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills,
computer and typing skills, and familiarity with using an
electronic medical record.Licenses/Certifications:
- Must possess and maintain an active license as a Psychiatric
Nurse Practitioner, Family Nurse Practitioner, or Advanced Practice
Nurse Practitioner in South Carolina.
- Current certification in BLS.
- Provides comprehensive assessment, develops treatment plans,
implements plans of care, and evaluates effectiveness of
interventions with revisions as necessary.
- Initiates, monitors, and adjusts medications and treatments
according to approved protocols.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of all requirements and
practice standards relating to the prescription and administration
of medications including compliance with organization policy and
procedures, documentation requirements, and medication
- Initiates appropriate medication and other therapies for
diagnosed conditions; follows established protocols for making
changes in medications when indicated according to variations in a
patient's response; monitors patients for side effects to
prescribed medications; ensures that all orders are dated, timed,
legible, and signed, and include the indication for each medication
and therapy prescribed; adheres to the established formulary for
therapeutic regimens before using non-formulary medications.
- Documents all relevant patient care issues in patients'
progress notes and treatment plan.
- Demonstrates knowledge of seclusion and restraint policy and
procedures, use of less restrictive behavioral interventions,
documentation requirements, disaster and fire procedures, infection
control, and risk management.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to cultural diversity issues and
treats each patient with dignity and respect when providing care
- Provides individualized care and treatment that is consistent
with the developmental needs of each patient.
- Participates in the psychiatric on-call schedule.
- Ensures that progress notes and other necessary documentation
are in the facility's specified format and are relevant, legible
and grammatically correct.
- Serves on assigned committees.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Perform other duties as assigned.Wellpath is an
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer Keyphrases:
correctional medical services jobs, correctional medicine jobs,
correctional health services jobs, prison health services jobs
Keywords: WellPath, Columbia , Correctional Medicine Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Needed in Colum, Healthcare , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!