Correctional Medicine Operations Specialist - Registered Nurse Needed
Posted on: March 27, 2020
Overview Our Operations Specialist is a Registered Professional
Nurse with experience in the practice of correctional nursing and
processing, advanced studies and expertise in administration of
nurse services. The Operations Specialist will provide necessary
guidance to assist operational management team in making clinical
decisions; assist in obtaining operational goals and objectives, as
well as in developing appropriate policies and procedures of The
Company and the facility; and maintain compliance with ACA, NCCHC
and state accreditation standards. Qualifications Education:
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Nursing, Health Administration,
Business Administration or health related field preferred, but not
- Five (5) years of experience in delivery and administration of
- Five years (5) administrative, management and supervisory
experience in correctional nursing.
- Organizational experience in operations and planning.
- Experience in understanding and managing budgets and analyzing
- Current clinical license, as applicable Responsibilities
- Assumes the role of site leadership (Health Services
Administrator (HSA) or Director of Nursing (DON)) within operations
and will cover shifts as needed at sites.
- Covers vacant shifts as needed at sites.
- Monitors the implementation and effectiveness of procedures and
programs throughout the company.
- Works with Regional Vice President and Regional Manager to
determine and prioritize Regional and site-specific training needs
on a weekly basis.
- Evaluates statistical data, programing needs and problems
throughout the company.
- Assists in planning and facilitation of nursing orientation,
nurse in-service training, and continuing education within the
company. Conducts ongoing evaluation of services and health care
programs, proactively identifies potential problems, and assists in
developing corrective action plans.
- Ensures compliance with The Company and facility policies and
procedures, ACA, NCCHC, maintains professional relationships within
- Demonstrates knowledge and performance of nursing policies and
procedures: Supports philosophy, objective and goals of the nursing
program. Accepts assignments and performs other related duties as
required or assigned by the Company. Preforms in accordance with
the Nurse Practices Act and Nursing Code of Ethics. Provides
training and in-servicing to site staff.
- Evaluates and recommends methods of improving operational
efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Assists in ensuring adequate staffing at institutions to meet
the needs of the patient population as well as adhering to staffing
- Completes and submits daily, weekly, monthly, and annual
reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- When filling in as site HSA or DON, monitors in-patient
hospitalizations closely with utilization management for assigned
- When filling in as site HSA or DON, assists in monitoring all
sentinel events and potential catastrophic illnesses and
explores/utilizes all appropriate means of limiting both The
Company and contractor's liabilities.
- Accepts on-call status.
- Attends seminars, workshops, and conferences.
- Must be able to travel overnight for two to ten days or more as
may be required by division/region needs.
- Promotes Quality Improvement standards by actively
participating in the quality care screen audits.
- Must follow Post Orders, if applicable, per site contract
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Perform other duties as assigned. Wellpath is an
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer Keyphrases: clinical
manager jobs, clinical managing jobs, clinical administration jobs,
clinical administrating jobs, clinical administrator jobs, medical
administrating jobs, medical administrator jobs, medical manager
jobs, medical managing jobs, hospital administrating jobs, hospital
administrator jobs, health administrating jobs, health
administrator jobs, healthcare administrating jobs, clinical
management jobs, clinical research manager jobs, clinical study
manager jobs, clinical trial manager jobs, clinical study
management jobs, clinical trial management jobs, clinical nurse
management jobs, clinical project manager jobs, clinical project
management jobs, manager jobs
Keywords: WellPath, Columbia , Correctional Medicine Operations Specialist - Registered Nurse Needed, Healthcare , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!