Correctional Medicine Registered Nurse displayid:20-76463 Needed in Columbia, SC
Posted on: March 26, 2020
Correctional Medicine opening in Columbia, South Carolina. This
and other rn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com Why Wellpath
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!" Overview Our Registered Nurse (RN)
performs the functions of assessing, planning, implementing and
evaluating the care for the assigned patients on the unit during a
shift. As a charge nurse, the RN is responsible for managing all
assigned personnel, supplies and equipment and for the promotion of
collaboration with all members of the health care team. The primary
goal for the RN is to ensure positive patient care outcomes are
achieved. The RN works with other members of the health care team,
family and/or caretakers to provide compassionate care to the
patient. After orientation and skills validation is required to
float to other patient care areas as needed to ensure appropriate
staffing level and mix to provide safe, high quality nursing care.
Qualifications Education for Registered Nurse:
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
- BSN qualification and nursing specialty certification preferred
Experience for Registered Nurse:
- One to three (1-3) years' experience in acute and/or
psychiatric/forensic settings preferred Licenses/Certifications for
- Must have a current, unrestricted license to practice as a
Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of practice, or be eligible for
same through reciprocity with other states Responsibilities
- Ensures the performance and documentation of a comprehensive
psychosocial and physical assessment of the patient with data
gathered through interview, observation, inspection, auscultation,
palpation and reports.
- Determines patient problems, age-based needs, desired outcomes
and nursing interventions based on the assessment. The written plan
of care will include clinical, teaching and discharge
- Implements the interventions defined in the plan of care so
that desired outcomes can be achieved. The RN will ensure
appropriate patient and health education. The RN will individualize
interventions with consideration of patient's age; ensure the
documentation of all interventions. The RN will delegate
appropriate interventions to other team members.
- Provides oversight for licensed practical nurses performing
nursing duties each shift. Reviews documentation of nursing care,
reviews administration of medication and evaluates treatments
provided to patients as ordered.
- Evaluates nursing outcomes and makes revisions to the nursing
plan of care as required. The RN will ensure the reassessment of
the patient in accordance with departmental policy.
- Leads and participates in performance improvement initiatives
for the unit.
- Aggregates and analyzes information related to nursing practice
to identify trends. Participates and performs in nursing peer
review to evaluate quality of nursing care. Practices principle of
risk management, safety and infection control.
- Intervenes in and reports directly in situations which are
immediately harmful to the patient. Ensures the completion of all
required documentation related to incidents or situations in which
an unusual event has occurred.
- Works directly with the nursing supervisor to coordinate all
patient care activities for the unit. Appropriately assigns patient
care duties to staff based on patient acuity.
- Utilizes appropriate interpersonal skills when collaborating
with organizational health care team members.
- Participates in utilization review, discharge planning and case
management to ensure appropriate level of care and utilization of
- Accurately transcribes medical orders and ensures appropriate
procedures are followed for transcription and verification of
- Establishes intra- and interdisciplinary collaborative
relationships with all members of the health care team.
- Serves as primary liaison with physicians related to the care
of the patient.
- Participates in orientation and continuing education of peers
and other members of the health care team.
- Responds to changes in the work setting and in the schedule in
a collaborative and flexible manner.
- Demonstrates accountability for professional practice as
evidenced by: Initiation of plans to solve department level
problems and to improve patient care. Professional practice within
legal and regulatory parameters.
- Participation in patient and healthcare committees.
- Assesses needs of patients and delegates appropriately to team
- Organizes and prioritizes elements of patient care for self and
- Models professional behavior reflective of the nursing care
philosophy of safe and compassionate care.
- Ensures availability of adequate supplies and material
resources to provide care for patient.
- Maintains annual clinical and administrative competencies for
- Completed HIPAA training and maintains confidentiality of
patient and employee information and records.
- Advocates for patient's rights.
- Maintains the image of the The Company facility and work area
as a safe, clean, efficient, caring organization by demonstrating a
team approach which produces an environment conducive to patient,
family and team well-being.
- Demonstrates loyalty and commitment to the organization.
- Understands that safe and compassionate care is the number one
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Perform other duties as assigned.Wellpath is an
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer Keyphrases:
correctional medical services jobs, correctional medicine jobs,
correctional health services jobs, prison health services jobs
Keywords: WellPath, Columbia , Correctional Medicine Registered Nurse displayid:20-76463 Needed in Columbia, SC, Healthcare , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!