Registered Nurse RN
Company: Maxim Government Services
Posted on: February 15, 2020
Pediatrics opening in Columbia, South Carolina. This and other
rn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com Maxim Healthcare is
currently seeking a Registered Nurses (RN) for a one on one school
nursing position! We are looking for Registered Nurses (RN) who are
committed and passionate about having a major positive impact on a
child's life. Responsibilities
- Develops policies, procedures and work standards for school
- Monitors compliance of school health program with federal,
state and local laws, regulations and policies.
- Initiates program changes as needed.
- Manages program allotment efficiently.
- Prepares health reports for supervisor, board of education and
- Collaborates with other child-support agencies in designing and
providing a school health program.
- Negotiates professional and medical services essential to the
school health program.
- Provides first aid care and medically prescribed services.
- Maintains security of school health supplies.
- Instructs students in health education according to the state
- Serves as a resource person on health issues.\
- Provides staff development on health-related topics for school
staff and volunteers.
- Screens and conducts health appraisals for students and
- Provides follow-up evaluations on students as required.
- Recommends corrective action where problems are
- Conducts home visits when appropriate.
- Corresponds with parents on health needs of children.
- Records immunizations, health findings, and other relevant
- Considerable knowledge of medical disorders, treatments, and
child growth and development.
- Working knowledge of public health problems and procedures for
treatment in coordination with other health and social service
- Working knowledge of Federal, State, and Local laws and
regulations affecting the delivery of school health services.
- Some knowledge of the school organization and the community
- Ability to identify abnormal growth and development and
symptoms of disease.
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate services between the
school, local health agency, and other community resources.
- Ability to develop and maintain health records on students and
positive working relationships.
- Other Registered Nurses (RN) duties as assigned Qualifications:
- Current Registered Nurses (RN) license for the state in which
the nurse practices.
- Full command, verbal and written, of the English language.
- Current Health Certificate (if applicable).
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray.
- One year prior Registered Nurses (RN) experience
- Current BLS card.
- Successful completion of screening tests for the clinical
specialty area(s) in which the nurse practices with a score of 80%
- Maxim background screening For further information and/or to
apply to this opportunity, please contact Jacob Underwood at or
email your resume to Keyphrases: pediatrics jobs, pediatric
oncologist jobs, pediatric wound care jobs, urology pediatrics
jobs, pediatric interventional cardiology jobs, pediatric emergency
medicine jobs, pediatric gynecology jobs, pediatric oncology jobs,
pediatric infectious disease specialist jobs, pediatric medical
assistant jobs, pediatrician jobs, internal medicine pediatrics
jobs, neonatal pediatric specialist jobs, pediatric nephrology
jobs, pediatric nephrologist jobs, pediatric neurology jobs,
pediatric nurse practitioner jobs
Keywords: Maxim Government Services, Columbia , Registered Nurse RN, Healthcare , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!