Vice President Medical Management (RN)
Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Nationwide Search for a strong dynamic--high-level nurse leader with a decade of medical management experience.
This highly visible role will involve presenting to key stakeholders, coordinating with the medical management, quality improvement, and credentialing teams to support the strategies, vision, and policies of the health plan organization.
- Direct and coordinate activities of department and aid the chief officer of the health plan and appropriate corporate staff in formulating and administering organizational and departmental policies.
- Review analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine department progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Serve as a member of management committees on special studies.
- Administer and ensure compliance with the National Committee on Quality Assurance (NCQA) and/or Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organization (JACHO) standards as determined for accreditation of the health plan.
- Participate in, attend and plan/coordinate staff, departmental, committee, sub-committee, community, State and other activities, meetings, and seminars.
- Participate in provider education and contracting, as necessary.
BSN, Masters of Science in Nursing, related field or equivalent experience.
10+ years of clinical nursing, quality improvement, utilization management and management experience in a managed care setting.
Thorough knowledge of a specialized or technical field such as clinical nursing, managed care, and healthcare administration.
Thorough skills knowledge of quality improvement practices.
Working knowledge of medical information systems, medical claims payment process, medical terminology, and coding, case management practices, managed care, and Medicaid programs.
Familiarity of National Committee on Quality Assurance (NCQA) accreditation process and standards, HEDIS measures, CMS and Joint Commission, State Dept of Health Regulatory body of Health.
Previous management experience including responsibilities for hiring, training, assigning work and managing the performance of staff.--
Strategic planning Implementation experience is preferred
Experience with RFPs is preferred
Medicare/Medicaid, Medicare Advantage and Dual Enrollment working knowledge experience is preferred
Certifications: CCM or CPHQ
Keywords: Job Juncture, Columbia , Vice President Medical Management (RN), Executive , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!