Cost Reporting Reimbursement Manager-R1001761
Company: BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina
Posted on: November 10, 2018
Summary?Responsible for directing and managing accounting functions, which may include monthly financial statements, reporting, cost and budgeting, recoupments, refund processing, system testing, research/returned mail, disbursements, cost allocation, accuracy and integrity of the general ledger, accounts payable and billing, as well as the quarterly and annual compliance areas, including taxes. Provide assistance on multiple accounting initiatives, including proposals, government regulatory compliance, and annual/quarterly reporting, and other ad-hoc projects. Compiles financial information, consolidates and reports financial data monthly, quarterly and annually based on corporate policy and internal and external requirements.Description?? 30% Manage the financial statement close-out process and assist with the issuance of monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports to management or external customers as required. Responsible for the month-end closing by setting the monthly-close calendar; reviewing for accuracy the financial statements: balance sheet, income statement, cash flows statement, refunds, etc.; enforcement of corporate accounting policies; and ensuring timely communication to management and external customers as required.? 30% Collaborates with other management or business areas to address projects, proposals, develop policies, procedures and controls, and align resources to meet department needs. Addresses issues or processes impacting the bank accounts and general ledger and provides guidance on treatment of transactions.? 20% Respond to requests from internal and external auditors. Respond and coordinates audit review processes, including the preparation of financial statements and applicable supporting audit/review schedules.? 10% Supervise the preparation and review of all financial functions to ensure all financial deadlines are met. Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.? 10% Supervise and coordinate the daily activity of the staff. Responsible for training and various personnel functions including, but not limited to hiring, and conducting performance evaluations.?We participate in E-Verify and comply with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.Equal Employment Opportunity StatementBlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina and our subsidiary companies maintain a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment to promote employment opportunities for persons regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, weight, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other legally protected status. Additionally, as a federal contractor, the company maintains Affirmative Action programs to promote employment opportunities for minorities, females, disabled individuals and veterans. It is our policy to provide equal opportunities in all phases of the employment process and to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail [Click Here to Email Your Resum?] or call 1-800-288-2227, ext. 43172 with the nature of your request. We will make a determination regarding your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.?Required Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related degree with 24 semester hours of accounting. (Anyone hired prior to August 1, 2008 in an accounting position only requires 21 semester hours of accounting.)Required Work Experience:
- 8 years of accounting experience including 2 years in a supervisory role OR 1 year of supervisory experience and 3 years of experience in a lead role OR 2 years of equivalent military experience in grade E4 of above.
- Medicare Cost Report/Reimbursement experience requiredRequired Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills. In-depth knowledge of accounting principles and practices. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong project management, organizational, decision-making, and flexibility skills.
- Highly effective leadership skills.
- Proficient business math skills.
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of fundamental accounting concepts, practices and procedures. Knowledge of mathematical and statistical concepts.
- Able to persuade, influence or negotiate with others.
- Ability to handle confidential or sensitive information with discretion.Required Software and Tools: Proficiency with Microsoft Office in order to create charts, graphs, and spreadsheets for business analysis.
Keywords: BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina, Columbia , Cost Reporting Reimbursement Manager-R1001761, Executive , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!