Supply Planning Manager - McBee, South Carolina
Company: Carpenter Technology
Posted on: May 28, 2023
--Carpenter Technology Corporation is a leading producer and
distributor of premium specialty alloys, including titanium alloys,
nickel and cobalt based superalloys, stainless steels, alloy steels
and tool steels.-- Carpenter Technology's high-performance
materials and advanced process solutions are an integral part of
critical applications used within the aerospace, transportation,
medical and energy markets, among other markets.-- Building on its
history of innovation, Carpenter Technology's wrought and powder
technology capabilities support a range of next-generation products
and manufacturing techniques, including novel magnetic materials
and additive manufacturing.-- Carpenter Technology's Hartsville
Manufacturing Operations (formerly Talley Metals) is a mini mill
supplying a variety of sizes and specifications of high-quality
round, square and hexagonal stainless- steel bars for
distribution.SUPPLY PLANNING MANAGERLocation:-- McBee, South
CarolinaPRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE SUPPLY PLANNING
- Responsible for providing and maintaining the site production
plan including all Master Schedules, production Plans, and
requirements to support effective Sales and Operations plans for
- Responsibilities include identifying constraints, bottlenecks
or issues with the schedule and provide alternative solutions.
- Ensure that the Supply business targets and KPI's are reviewed
on a regular basis.-- Ensure contingency plans are in place for
plan and KPI variances to target.
- Oversee implementation of new planning tools, processes and
systems to increase the efficiency of the manufacturing
operation.-- Develop, manage and improve the Supply Planning
- Develop, manager and improve the Supply Planning process.--
Lead Supply Review within the S&OP process.
- Ensure the Supply Review process is run monthly for the
24-month plan and the Supply business targets & KPI's are reviewed
on a regular basis.
- Ensure contingency plans are in place for plan and KPI
variances to target.
- Devise what if scenarios to assist in optimizing capabilities
and demand changes.--
- Set up production schedules for all manufacturing, ensuring
both accuracy and efficiency of the schedules.-- Ensure MRP aligns
with the current production schedules.--
- Act as liaison between supply and demand which requires
communications of scheduling related decisions to the planning
group and other support groups across the organization.
- Assist the Commercial organization in quoting accurate lead
- Supervises the Shipping Department, including supervising and
developing the Shipping Supervisor.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.REQUIREMENTS FOR
THE SUPPLY PLANNING MANAGER
- Four-year degree with a concentration in Business, Industrial
or Inventory Management, Operations Planning or Logistics.----
APICS certification desired.
- 4+ years of experience in a manufacturing planning or
operations environment.-- 2+ years of experience in Order
Scheduling, Production Planning, Inventory Management or
- Experience in leadership roles in cross discipline teams /
- Working knowledge of MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel
and Powerpoint and other data collection resources.PREFERRED FOR
THE SUPPLY PLANNING MANAGER--
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong
interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at
all levels within the organization.-- Strong customer service
skills and presentation skills.
- Ability and motivation to promote a high-performance work
- Ability to direct and supervisor employees, objectively
evaluate performance and train/develop others.--
- Ability to evaluate and analyze information, work and solve
problems in all environments and provide creative solutions
- Ability to effectively coach and give performance feedback and
when needed provide development opportunities for a team.--
Experience training and developing other professionals.--
- Willingness to work in a production-oriented environment with
ever changing priorities.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and make appropriate
technical and business decisions.-- Work proactively and
effectively with business units and within a manufacturing
organization.-- Assist others in the use of statistical methods for
business decision making.Carpenter Technology Company offers a
competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including
life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts,
disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as
many other options to employees.Carpenter Technology Corporation's
policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal
employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to
employ affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit
and develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age,
race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation,
marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other
characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit,
develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with
disabilities and protected veterans.
Keywords: Carpenter Technology, Columbia , Supply Planning Manager - McBee, South Carolina, Executive , Camden, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...